Fax-receiving and sending

David

I have Toshiba Satellite 173 and DSL connection. Recently
I connected via dial-up (not DSL) for a week or so and
started receiving faxes. I presume they were spam.
My printer is Lexmark X85 which has fax capability.
Listed under Control Panel, Printers and Faxes are:
CAPTURE FAX BVRP, Lexmark X84-X85, Microsoft Shared Fax,
and PrintMe which has a different mane under Model: EFI
Printme.
So I've got fax capabilities through at least the first 3.
Also, there's something going on with a dial-up and DSL
connection that lets a fax be received. (Although they
never get successfully received.)
And, I've never been able to successfully send a fax.
Anybody know what I should do? Any help would be
appreciated. I've had this PC for about 2 years and read
and re-read plus tested and re-tested everything I can
think of. -David.

How can anyone answer this question? You made no mention of what you've done
and what hasn't worked. You should decide which fax program you want to use
and read the instructions on how to install and configure it. Then post the
specific steps you've used and what problems you've run into in the forum
most appropriate for the program you are using.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]