Printer not functioning for XP SP2. Uninstall SP2 and it w..

I just upgraded to SP2, it's a HP OfficeJet G85 all-in-one jobster. It worked
fine before the upgrade, and downgrading it seems to work again, though I
would prefer XP2 for it's superior wireless capabilities. I've tried
re-installing the printer drivers, but this appears to have had no effect.

Strange thing is - if I go to print anything, it goes straight out of the
print queue as though it was printed, but doesn't get printed. There are no
errors or warnings, nothing. Test page will not print, however if I go to
HP's toolbox thing and select to print a HP test page from there, it works.
Any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about printer functioning uninstall

    after sp2 - hp 842c does not priny anymore, but job was
    delivered tp print queue.
    Test page also does not print.

    Try a COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall as per:

    Download the latest drivers from the HP website at:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=60426&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228

    As per my website instructions, install the software BEFORE reconnecting the
    printer, the software will TELL you when to connect.
    www.coribright.com

    "sp2-hp842c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > after sp2 - hp 842c does not priny anymore, but job was
    > delivered tp print queue.
    > Test page also does not print.

    Same here, an HP r40 all in one. I just removed SP2 and
    now it is working again.

    Try the hotfix:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
    www.coribright.com

    > Same here, an HP r40 all in one. I just removed SP2 and
    > now it is working again.

Printers Hewlett Packard Windows XP