Printer not functioning for XP SP2. Uninstall SP2 and it w..

August 20, 2004 9:35:02 PM

I just upgraded to SP2, it's a HP OfficeJet G85 all-in-one jobster. It worked
fine before the upgrade, and downgrading it seems to work again, though I
would prefer XP2 for it's superior wireless capabilities. I've tried
re-installing the printer drivers, but this appears to have had no effect.

Strange thing is - if I go to print anything, it goes straight out of the
print queue as though it was printed, but doesn't get printed. There are no
errors or warnings, nothing. Test page will not print, however if I go to
HP's toolbox thing and select to print a HP test page from there, it works.
Any ideas?
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 29, 2004 11:26:46 PM

after sp2 - hp 842c does not priny anymore, but job was
delivered tp print queue.
Test page also does not print.
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 30, 2004 2:42:02 PM

Try a COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall as per:

Download the latest drivers from the HP website at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product...

As per my website instructions, install the software BEFORE reconnecting the
printer, the software will TELL you when to connect.
www.coribright.com

"sp2-hp842c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after sp2 - hp 842c does not priny anymore, but job was
> delivered tp print queue.
> Test page also does not print.
a b α HP
September 1, 2004 11:39:16 PM

Same here, an HP r40 all in one. I just removed SP2 and
now it is working again.

Anonymous
a b α HP
September 2, 2004 2:04:03 AM