Epson CX6400 and faxing??

What do you all think of the Epson CX6400 and do you use it as a fax also? I
have a Dell Inspirion 8300 and Windows XP Pro. I am not very computer
literate.
--
Thank you ,,,,, Rickie Beth

Rickie Beth wrote:
> What do you all think of the Epson CX6400 and do you use it as a fax
> also? I have a Dell Inspirion 8300 and Windows XP Pro. I am not
> very computer literate.

It can be used as a printer, scanner and 'photocopier' - how do you propose
to use it as a fax, pray? It has no capability.
lose his marbles?

Hello, ( this is the reply to the wonderful person that answered my original
question, which is below my reply to her comment...)
I thought that I could use it with the computer set-up that I have...I guess
not..which is a problem. Basically, my needs are: scanner( that can scan
jewelry as well as pages in large books), copier, printer, fax, media slot
for a Sony Cybershot and I need to have the thing use only one kind of ink:
Dura Brite, ink jet. I want to have this be able to fax directly to the
computer..or is it copy directly. I am sorry to sound stupid, but I remember
that there is a direct function that is important to have, and I cannot
recall exactly which one it is....
What can I get to satisfy my needs?? I would like to get an all-in-one is
possible, but I can work wirh separate units. I am so confused as to what to
get. My main need is the dura-brite ink with the ink jet technology.
PLEASE!!!! Can you help me???
THANK YOU, Sincerely,... RIckie Beth

Rickie Beth wrote:
> Hello, ( this is the reply to the wonderful person that answered my
> original question, which is below my reply to her comment...)
> I thought that I could use it with the computer set-up that I
> have...I guess not..which is a problem. Basically, my needs are:
> scanner( that can scan jewelry as well as pages in large books),
> copier, printer, fax, media slot for a Sony Cybershot and I need to
> have the thing use only one kind of ink: Dura Brite, ink jet. I want
> to have this be able to fax directly to the computer..or is it copy
> directly. I am sorry to sound stupid, but I remember that there is a
> direct function that is important to have, and I cannot recall
> exactly which one it is....
> What can I get to satisfy my needs?? I would like to get an
> all-in-one is possible, but I can work wirh separate units. I am so
> confused as to what to get. My main need is the dura-brite ink with
> the ink jet technology. PLEASE!!!! Can you help me???
> THANK YOU, Sincerely,... RIckie Beth

Have you actually done any homework on the unit you're considering
purchasing *AT ALL*?! It would appear not. May I suggest you do so? In order
for an MFD (that's Multi Function Device) to be capable of performing a
function it actually has to have that capability. In order to fax it must
either have a built in modem or be part fax machine. The CX6400 has neither.

A product overview and spec sheet for said unit can be found here
http://tinyurl.com/4xrpw. Epson doesn't currently manufacture an MFD with
faxing capabilities. HP does (though the less said about my opinion of HP
the better). HP's MFDs don't use waterproof inks.

Anyway, a discussion such as this is off-topic for this group. This group is
for the discussion of printing and faxing issues within the Windows XP
operating system.

Of course you can use it with your computer - but I've no idea where you got
the idea that it could fax. It can't.
A particular function is only "important to have" if you have need of it.
For example, I consider printing to A3 "important to have" in a printer, so
I have an A3 capable printer. If you have no need of A3 printing, then it
isn't a consideration for you. What's "important to have" is very
subjective. One person's necessity could be someone else's frippery. Do you
understand what I'm saying?

Read the spec sheets and then decide if this is the MFD you want. I cannot
advise you further.

One final thing you don't fax and copy *to* the computer. You fax and copy
*FROM* the computer. I find your posts a little hard to follow. Is English
your native language?

lose his marbles?