Power Supply and OC *DELETED*

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i think the issue is not with the added .025v you may add to your cpu core v, of course you wouldnt need an extra 100watts of power to handle that, but the strain the overall added speed has on your peripherals. for eample, i have a 300w pwr supply and could run my system perfectly with an 850 tbird at 200 fsb. i bought a 1.33 266fsb tbird and i have to downclock the fsb to 248 for it to run at 1.33ghz. am i making any sense?

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well I hate to break this too you but there right. Your missing the point, sure the voltage is the same but remember:

voltage x current = watts

Simply put higher clocked t-birds draw more amperage. The larger the draw the more likely you are to have power supply related problems, especially when used in conjunction with power hungry video cards such as the gforce's. Even worse, overclocked CPU's draw more power than there simuarly clocked stock speed counterparts. Once you start getting to the speeds much above 1 gig those budget power supplies start to crapout.

Video editing?? Ha, I don't even own a camera!

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Why dont you just post the dam thing in one place instead of all over the boards, it makes it so much easier for everyone to follow.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Maybe he was tired of waiting...but still you should only post it in one place.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red>and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!