MC462 intallation question

G

Im currently running a P4 1.4GHZ
I have 2 120 MM panaflo Hydrobaring case fans for my exhaust...and 1 120 MM panaflo for the front blowing air in..i also have 3 80MM panflo Hydro baring fans for the sides and one on top...
I have no plans to overclock...but i bought the swiftech MC462 cuz it looks cool..hehe
anyways I also have a Window kit installed on my case....i was reading somewhere that the MC462 has to be mounted to the motherboard..how do i go about mounting it???i looked on my board and didnt see any holes around the processor..am i gonna have to drill my own???plz someone help!!!!!

thanks

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
You have to buy the mounting kit for the PIV for the MC-462-A. Comes separate, I believe. Make sure you get that.

It is designed primarily for Socket A systems, but it will work with PIV systems when using the mounting kit.

You bought the best HSF on the market.

G

HSF???is that High Speed Fan??
I also bought the P4 mounting kit for it..it was an extra 5 bux...is that what you mean???
I just looked on my mobo again and i seen a plast thing on the back with 4 screws going through the board into it..so it does have the holes for the screws..i hope...
if i can get that plastic thing on the back off ill have it made home...
only other thing im thinkin about adding is one of those fan controllers...
that lets you control the speed of all your fans...the 120 panaflos are noisy...but you can tell they pump some serious air..they soldem in 2 different modes..the high mode..or the low mode..i wanted the more air so i got the highs..i also got a cold cathode neon light...hehe..looks pretty tweaked out..only reason i wanted to upgrade my fan/heatsink is i wanted a cool heatsink to look at through my window kit..only bad thing is the price..i spent all that freaken money and forgot to get some artice silver 2:|
not very smart..anyways thanks for the feedback

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
HSF = HeatSink/Fan

You should have known if you are case modding already. :)
I am not familiar with Swifttech MC-462-A mounting on PIV's; I have only installed them on Socket A systems.

G

of course!
feelen pretty dumb tonight..actually thats every night
LOL
anyways thanks for the info..

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
I wouldn't recommend drilling any holes in your mb if you want it to still work.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red>and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!