Do servers have reputations?

I have primarily plaed on SolRo, and got merged into BB. But some of
the /oocs in BB mention wanting to take advantage of the move option to
go to other servers had me wondering: are there differences between
server populations in terms of "character", helpfulness, rowdiness,
groupabily, etc. I am disregarding differences due to population size
and due to PvP rules or roleplaying rules.

Basically, do servers have reputations.
11 answers Last reply
More about servers reputations

    I understand the process...rather than go to each server, I am asking
    the general community here.

    My experience on SolRo and BB at levels 55 and mid 30s has be fairly
    positive on both servers. My experience on BB has been a bit better,
    regarding helpfulness etc. I have encountered a few toons at mid levels
    who did not know how to play the game (a theme that has been echoed in
    other threads), but no more than 5%. Now on BB there seems to be a
    decent population at lower to higher zones, not like the ghost towns on
    SolRo before it closed. And the bazaar hit 571 people last nite...a
    nice change of pace!.

    zigipha@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I understand the process...rather than go to each server, I am asking
    > the general community here.
    >
    > My experience on SolRo and BB at levels 55 and mid 30s has be fairly
    > positive on both servers. My experience on BB has been a bit better,
    > regarding helpfulness etc. I have encountered a few toons at mid
    levels
    > who did not know how to play the game (a theme that has been echoed
    in
    > other threads), but no more than 5%. Now on BB there seems to be a
    > decent population at lower to higher zones, not like the ghost towns
    on
    > SolRo before it closed. And the bazaar hit 571 people last nite...a
    > nice change of pace!.

    I play on Veeshan, and as such have to deal with Fires of Heaven, and
    their mimic guilds. My wife tells me they're known as one of the worst
    for twinky outfitting, power-levelling, and just being overall really
    crass. I figured ever server had their own Fires of Heaven and were
    full of twinked out hack-n-slashers only interested in getting up as
    high as possible, as quick as possible, and doing their best to keep
    certain high-end camps cleared fairly regularly, making sure they were
    the ones to do any new content first, etc. They also have a reputation
    for being remarkably crude. Did I mention they're crude?

    Just to check things out, I logged onto our future home on Luclin. It
    was like going to England after spending years in L.A.. The people
    were, AS A WHOLE, polite. Need some gear? Just go into PoK and send an
    OOC request. It was incredible. Even when they told someone off it was
    polite. I felt so terrible for those poor, unsuspecting soles of the
    horror that is imminently going to be unleashed upon them.

    Granted, I've only been playing around on Luclin for a few days now, so
    in the long run it may turn out they do, in fact, have their own
    dominant uber-twinks who like to make life generally miserable for
    everyone else, but so far I'm just not getting that feeling.

    Also, their bazaar prices and items were remarkably different. For
    example, on Veeshan, the Festive Doll can go for anywhere from 250 plat
    to 3K plat, and it will sell. On Luclin, and again this could just be
    due to terriffic timing on my part, I didn't see a single Festive Doll
    for sale.
    --
    Xiphos - Veeshan does have a few good guilds, but many seem to be Fires
    of Heaven, or want to be.

    zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1112371860.622557.196790
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I have primarily plaed on SolRo, and got merged into BB. But some of
    > the /oocs in BB mention wanting to take advantage of the move option to
    > go to other servers had me wondering: are there differences between
    > server populations in terms of "character", helpfulness, rowdiness,
    > groupabily, etc. I am disregarding differences due to population size
    > and due to PvP rules or roleplaying rules.
    >
    > Basically, do servers have reputations.

    Yes, but, I have not really looked into them. Some servers have had very
    good cooperative spirits, others have not. One had an excellent unguilded
    raid group, I believe they made it to Time, not certain.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1112371860.622557.196790
    > @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > I have primarily plaed on SolRo, and got merged into BB. But some of
    > > the /oocs in BB mention wanting to take advantage of the move option to
    > > go to other servers had me wondering: are there differences between
    > > server populations in terms of "character", helpfulness, rowdiness,
    > > groupabily, etc. I am disregarding differences due to population size
    > > and due to PvP rules or roleplaying rules.
    > >
    > > Basically, do servers have reputations.
    > >

    > Yes, but, I have not really looked into them. Some servers have had very
    > good cooperative spirits, others have not. One had an excellent unguilded
    > raid group, I believe they made it to Time, not certain.

    You're probably thinking of me talking about E'ci's public raiding force.

    We were well past Time though. During the OOW era, they were the strongest
    raid force on the server. The server itself was less advanced than some
    others in terms of raid groups, but they were the farthest. I think they made
    it past Uqua... maybe past the GoD level after that. I know they beat at
    least a few of the OOW trial raids before I quit.

    I'm not sure if they're still active though. I popped in a month or two
    after WoW / EQ2 release, and it seemed like they had mostly collapsed. I
    haven't played since, so I don't know if they recovered.

    --
    Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
    Dearic - Dwarven Paladin on Bloodhoof

    "Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote in

    > zigipha@hotmail.com wrote:
    >> I understand the process...rather than go to each server, I am asking
    >> the general community here.
    >>
    >> My experience on SolRo and BB at levels 55 and mid 30s has be fairly
    >> positive on both servers. My experience on BB has been a bit better,
    >> regarding helpfulness etc. I have encountered a few toons at mid
    > levels
    >> who did not know how to play the game (a theme that has been echoed
    > in
    >> other threads), but no more than 5%. Now on BB there seems to be a
    >> decent population at lower to higher zones, not like the ghost towns
    > on
    >> SolRo before it closed. And the bazaar hit 571 people last nite...a
    >> nice change of pace!.
    >
    > I play on Veeshan, and as such have to deal with Fires of Heaven, and
    > their mimic guilds. My wife tells me they're known as one of the
    > worst for twinky outfitting, power-levelling, and just being overall
    > really crass. I figured ever server had their own Fires of Heaven and
    > were full of twinked out hack-n-slashers only interested in getting up
    > as high as possible, as quick as possible, and doing their best to
    > keep certain high-end camps cleared fairly regularly, making sure they
    > were the ones to do any new content first, etc. They also have a
    > reputation for being remarkably crude. Did I mention they're crude?
    >
    > Just to check things out, I logged onto our future home on Luclin. It
    > was like going to England after spending years in L.A.. The people
    > were, AS A WHOLE, polite. Need some gear? Just go into PoK and send
    > an OOC request. It was incredible. Even when they told someone off it
    > was polite. I felt so terrible for those poor, unsuspecting soles of
    > the horror that is imminently going to be unleashed upon them.
    >
    > Granted, I've only been playing around on Luclin for a few days now,
    > so in the long run it may turn out they do, in fact, have their own
    > dominant uber-twinks who like to make life generally miserable for
    > everyone else, but so far I'm just not getting that feeling.
    >
    > Also, their bazaar prices and items were remarkably different. For
    > example, on Veeshan, the Festive Doll can go for anywhere from 250
    > plat to 3K plat, and it will sell. On Luclin, and again this could
    > just be due to terriffic timing on my part, I didn't see a single
    > Festive Doll for sale.

    FWIW, I do remember hearing at least one person in the past who didn't have
    much good to say about Luclin. I can't speak for their credibility, though.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in

    > "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >> zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1112371860.622557.196790
    >> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > I have primarily plaed on SolRo, and got merged into BB. But some
    >> > of the /oocs in BB mention wanting to take advantage of the move
    >> > option to go to other servers had me wondering: are there
    >> > differences between server populations in terms of "character",
    >> > helpfulness, rowdiness, groupabily, etc. I am disregarding
    >> > differences due to population size and due to PvP rules or
    >> > roleplaying rules.
    >> >
    >> > Basically, do servers have reputations.
    >> >

    >> Yes, but, I have not really looked into them. Some servers have had
    >> very good cooperative spirits, others have not. One had an excellent
    >> unguilded raid group, I believe they made it to Time, not certain.
    >>

    > You're probably thinking of me talking about E'ci's public raiding
    > force.
    >
    > We were well past Time though. During the OOW era, they were the
    > strongest raid force on the server. The server itself was less
    > advanced than some others in terms of raid groups, but they were the
    > farthest. I think they made it past Uqua... maybe past the GoD level
    > after that. I know they beat at least a few of the OOW trial raids
    > before I quit.
    >
    > I'm not sure if they're still active though. I popped in a month or
    > two after WoW / EQ2 release, and it seemed like they had mostly
    > collapsed. I haven't played since, so I don't know if they
    > recovered.

    Yeah, that would be the one, did not realize they had gotten that far.

    --

    Dream King wrote:
    > "Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote:
    >
    > >I play on Veeshan, and as such have to deal with Fires of Heaven,
    and
    > >their mimic guilds. My wife tells me they're known as one of the
    worst
    > >for twinky outfitting, power-levelling, and just being overall
    really
    > >crass. I figured ever server had their own Fires of Heaven and were
    > >full of twinked out hack-n-slashers only interested in getting up as
    > >high as possible, as quick as possible, and doing their best to keep
    > >certain high-end camps cleared fairly regularly, making sure they
    were
    > >the ones to do any new content first, etc. They also have a
    reputation
    > >for being remarkably crude. Did I mention they're crude?
    >
    > You do realize FoH has ceased to be a guild on Veeshan for.. Oh..
    Must
    > be close to a year now.

    Huh. Could've sworn I've seen a few in PoK now and again.
    I mean, I haven't been playing all that long (just over a year now) and
    I know I've seen large massings of them since I've started playing.

    Maybe a new group of posers? Not that that's any better...
    --
    Xiphos - I'll see if I can get a screenshot up. Maybe. If I care enough
    at the time. Which I probably won't...

    Dream King <morpheus@cent.com> wrote in

    > "Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I play on Veeshan, and as such have to deal with Fires of Heaven, and
    >>their mimic guilds. My wife tells me they're known as one of the worst
    >>for twinky outfitting, power-levelling, and just being overall really
    >>crass. I figured ever server had their own Fires of Heaven and were
    >>full of twinked out hack-n-slashers only interested in getting up as
    >>high as possible, as quick as possible, and doing their best to keep
    >>certain high-end camps cleared fairly regularly, making sure they were
    >>the ones to do any new content first, etc. They also have a reputation
    >>for being remarkably crude. Did I mention they're crude?
    >
    > You do realize FoH has ceased to be a guild on Veeshan for.. Oh.. Must
    > be close to a year now.

    Isn't that the outfit that Furor headed up? I heard he was granted a sneak
    visit to Sigil HQ not too long ago.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    <zigipha@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have primarily plaed on SolRo, and got merged into BB. But some of
    > the /oocs in BB mention wanting to take advantage of the move option to
    > go to other servers had me wondering: are there differences between
    > server populations in terms of "character", helpfulness, rowdiness,
    > groupabily, etc. I am disregarding differences due to population size
    > and due to PvP rules or roleplaying rules.
    >
    > Basically, do servers have reputations.

    I enjoyed playing on BB...lots of nice people =)

Games Servers Video Games