How to Set Up Fax

I run Windows XP and understand there is a way to send
and receive faxes from/to my computer. Where can I read
easy to understand instructions on how to do this?

If you can help me, please email me at
kay_dubber@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Kay

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
Windows XP Fax

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Kay Dub" <kay_dubber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I run Windows XP and understand there is a way to send
> and receive faxes from/to my computer. Where can I read
> easy to understand instructions on how to do this?
>
> If you can help me, please email me at
> kay_dubber@hotmail.com
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kay

Thanks, Russ

I rant the Setup Wizard and thought I was good to go.
Then I got an error message saying there is no modem
attached to this computer. That isn't true; I have a
modem from my dial-up days, but have been using DSL for
some time now. Does the DSL disable the modem? Is there
something else I need to do? I can't find the answer in
those articles.

Thanks!

Is the modem connected to an analog telephone line?

Sending a fax when you have DSL requires one of two methods:

1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
telephone to the DSL line, then connect your analog fax modem to the line
through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does your
local Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com