How to Set Up Fax

I run Windows XP and understand there is a way to send
and receive faxes from/to my computer. Where can I read
easy to understand instructions on how to do this?

If you can help me, please email me at
kay_dubber@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Kay
4 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
    HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
    HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
    HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
    HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
    HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    Windows XP Fax

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Kay Dub" <kay_dubber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I run Windows XP and understand there is a way to send
    > and receive faxes from/to my computer. Where can I read
    > easy to understand instructions on how to do this?
    >
    > If you can help me, please email me at
    > kay_dubber@hotmail.com
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kay

    Thanks, Russ

    I rant the Setup Wizard and thought I was good to go.
    Then I got an error message saying there is no modem
    attached to this computer. That isn't true; I have a
    modem from my dial-up days, but have been using DSL for
    some time now. Does the DSL disable the modem? Is there
    something else I need to do? I can't find the answer in
    those articles.

    Thanks!

    Is the modem connected to an analog telephone line?

    Sending a fax when you have DSL requires one of two methods:

    1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
    telephone to the DSL line, then connect your analog fax modem to the line
    through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does your
    local Radio Shack store:

    http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

    2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
    Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
    http://www.savetz.com/fax/
    FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    > Thanks, Russ
    >
    > I rant the Setup Wizard and thought I was good to go.
    > Then I got an error message saying there is no modem
    > attached to this computer. That isn't true; I have a
    > modem from my dial-up days, but have been using DSL for
    > some time now. Does the DSL disable the modem? Is there
    > something else I need to do? I can't find the answer in
    > those articles.
    >
    > Thanks!

Fax Windows XP