Printing a list of files

August 22, 2004 10:45:01 PM

I am wanting to print a list of files that I have in one folder. I have
tried print screen but that doesnt work. Any suggestions?

More about : printing list files

Anonymous
August 23, 2004 1:44:45 PM

>I am wanting to print a list of files that I have in one folder. I have
>tried print screen but that doesnt work. Any suggestions?

Jackie,

To print the active window as it's displayed, press Alt+PrtScn. This
copies the active window to the clipboard as a bitmap. You can then
paste the bitmap into a graphics editor such as Paint, or a word
processor that has graphic capabilities (such as Word) and print the
screen from that application.

Alternatively, since you want a listing of the file names, you can use
the command line DIR command to redirect its output to a text file and
then print that, or use a dedicated 3'rd party utility such as
ExpPrint http://www.jddesign.co.uk/.

ExpPrint is an Explorer context menu extension that gives you a "Print
Directory Listing" menu when you select any file folder, drive, or
files. It has quite a comprehensive sorting and layout capability,
and is only a small download.

ExpPrint is shareware, the only restriction on the non-registered
usage is that the Save settings capability is disabled. Other than
that it's fully functional.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
August 28, 2004 5:05:53 PM

To print a list of files, you could use a program called
DDFileCatcher. You drop and drag any number of files on it from
Windows Explorer, My Computer etc and then click a button to copy the
file names to the Clipboard, from where you paste them into a document
to print them. DDFileCatcher can also be launched from Microsoft Word
and will put the file names in a table if required. Then print them
from Word. A good thing about DDFileCatcher is that the file paths and
names can be collected from several folders before being put in the
document for printing. It also has options for listing the folder
first followed by the file names of the files in the folder.

The program can be found at http://www.ddfilecatcher.com

!