How much fps should I get?

On Mw3, complete max settings, I only get 60 fps, was hoping for a bit more, just to make sure, here are my specs:

Operating System:
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU:
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz 38 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM:
7.95 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard:
MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) (SOCKET 0) 28 °C

Graphics:
HD1900 (1440x900@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 34 °C

Hard Drives:
977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C

Optical Drives:
ASUS DRW-24B1ST c ATA Device

Audio:
Realtek High Definition Audio
10 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. firstly disable v-sync, secondly, your GPU is ancient history
  2. AntiZig said:
    firstly disable v-sync, secondly, your GPU is ancient history


    What would I have to upgrade for my GPU to be not so ancient history.
  3. Whats your budget ? Whats your screen resolution ?
  4. You have a monitor that cannot display more than 60FPS and the card is not ancient history but a good mid-high end card, Nvidia has not released a replacement for it yet.
  5. Hi :)

    You need a better graphics card....

    All the best Brett :)
  6. Ignore these fools???!!

    You card is way better than mw3 can handle on its highest settings, i have a gt 430 (much worse than yours) and i get 240+ fps with v-sync turned off.

    You have a very good graphics card, and the reason it cannot go past 60 fps is because you have v-sync turned on (which limits it to 60fps) and that is all your monitor can display.

    Dathtom
  7. I think the HD1900 is confusing people, you do have a 560Ti right?
  8. dathtom said:
    Ignore these fools???!!

    You card is way better than mw3 can handle on its highest settings, i have a gt 430 (much worse than yours) and i get 240+ fps with v-sync turned off.

    You have a very good graphics card, and the reason it cannot go past 60 fps is because you have v-sync turned on (which limits it to 60fps) and that is all your monitor can display.

    Dathtom


    at 1440x900 you are lucky to get 40 fps on max graphics, forget about 240+, not even the best graphics cards on the market can do this,

    why would you want to get more than 60FPS???
  9. simon12 said:
    I think the HD1900 is confusing people, you do have a 560Ti right?

    yep, you're right, I read X1900, I'm like ok that card is a piece of garb; and totally skipped over the 560ti :D
  10. change your ram with1333 bus speed, It will supports 32nm processor.

    check your board specification

    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD65.html#/?div=Basic
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming FPS Video Games