festive doll and commemorative coin to poof?

Hey y'all,

I hear conflicting opinions about whether or not these items poof at the end
of the anniversary celebration.

Opinions?

Facts?

TIA,

Mike W.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason
for existing.
One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of
eternity, of life,
of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to
comprehend a little
of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.

- Albert Einstein

"Mike W." <dropster69NO@SPAMhotmail.com> writes:
> I hear conflicting opinions about whether or not these items poof at the end
> of the anniversary celebration.
>
> Opinions?
>
> Facts?

I very much doubt the items will poof. I "bought" (for free) the
commemorative coin that was offered during the 5th anniversary,
and it did not go poof. In fact, it is the same item as the 6th
anniversary coin -- I wasn't able to get another coin this year
(they're lore), and when I checked last year's coin in my bank,
I found it had acquired the +50 CHA that the current coin has.

So it seems likely the items WILL stick around afterward. What
MIGHT happen is that the stats will be removed or reduced. I have
no opinion on the likelihood of that. But for my characters who
are currently using the doll and coin for the stats, I'm not going
to get rid of their old Range and CHA items just yet. :)

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 50 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

If you read between the lines you'll notice that +15 to all stats is
meaningless. If it weren't meaningless Sony wouldn't give it away.

Xiphos

the wharf rat wrote:
> In article <1112628969.159915.35290@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> il128 <il128@my-deja.com> wrote:
> >+15 to all stats is meaningless.
>
> Not to say, a level 3 wizard... ~50 mana and ~50 hp plus
> a little str so you can carry some of those rusty maces...

I think what he means is it's probably, though not defenite, that once
the festivities are over the stats on these items will return to their
former state; ergo fun but ultimately useless items you can carry
around.
--
Xiphos - I'm kind of hoping they do go back to being statless. Oh, the
people who actually bought the Festive Doll in the bazaar will be so

In article <1112628969.159915.35290@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
il128 <il128@my-deja.com> wrote:
>+15 to all stats is meaningless.

Not to say, a level 3 wizard... ~50 mana and ~50 hp plus
a little str so you can carry some of those rusty maces...

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <1112640448.464753.72920@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
xiphos@rahul.net says...

> the wharf rat wrote:
> > In article <1112628969.159915.35290@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> > il128 <il128@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > >+15 to all stats is meaningless.
> >
> > Not to say, a level 3 wizard... ~50 mana and ~50 hp plus
> > a little str so you can carry some of those rusty maces...
>
> I think what he means is it's probably, though not defenite, that once
> the festivities are over the stats on these items will return to their
> former state; ergo fun but ultimately useless items you can carry
> around.

No, he's really saying that +15 to stats is really not that useful.

Although as the responder pointed out there are some uses... +15 str
does increase your weight limit quite a bit. +15 int does make a
difference on research skill up odds...

> Xiphos - I'm kind of hoping they do go back to being statless. Oh, the
> people who actually bought the Festive Doll in the bazaar will be so
> pissed...

Nothing like getting ripped off twice.

I'm sure they won't do it though, too many people have already sold
(hahaha ... who'd buy it given the price of the doll, thanks sony for
rendering zillions of items obsolete) or destroyed (in the case of no
drop) their previous item in that slot.

42 <nospam@nospam.com> writes:
> > Xiphos - I'm kind of hoping they do go back to being statless. Oh, the
> > people who actually bought the Festive Doll in the bazaar will be so
> > pissed...
>
> Nothing like getting ripped off twice.
>
> I'm sure they won't do it though, too many people have already sold
> (hahaha ... who'd buy it given the price of the doll, thanks sony for
> rendering zillions of items obsolete) or destroyed (in the case of no
> drop) their previous item in that slot.

Yup, I was going to put my Sun Chalices and Opal Encrusted Steins
on my bazaar mule, but decided I'd play it safe and wait to see if
the Festive Doll and Commemorative Wooden Coin retain their stats
after the month is over. Besides, even assuming the new items stay
good, the older items will regain some of their former value once
people can no longer get the doll/coin for new characters. :)

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 50 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 05:44:54 GMT, "Mike W."
<dropster69NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>Hey y'all,
>
>I hear conflicting opinions about whether or not these items poof at the end
>of the anniversary celebration.

I had the coin from last (5th) Anniversary. Didn't look at it to see
what it was until 6th. And I blew 6k of a Bracelet of Beauty 2 weeks
before...