Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 Macbook Air?

Last response: in Video Games
June 17, 2012 10:04:46 PM

So I was looking for how to record things on my hdmi monitor (has two hdmi ports) by using intensity shuttle usb 3.0 So I was wondering if it's compatible with a macbook . Would that work? Please respond ASAP or I'll be like http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/pff...
June 17, 2012 10:45:18 PM

Hi :) 

The monitor HDMI`s are IN ...not outs

All the best Brett :) 
Score
June 17, 2012 11:18:46 PM

Oh.. :( 
So is there any way to record video from monitor (I'm using a WII2HDMI cable on my Wii so I can play it on a monitor)?
Thanks a bunch!
EDIT: I actually messed up my first post. I meant if I could use an Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 with the monitor and a mac. Sorry if I confused you. Thanks again!
Score
Related resources
June 21, 2012 4:08:41 AM

I checked on their website and it seems that the graphics are okay, but I don't know whether my model has a x58 motherboard. Any thoughts?
Score
June 21, 2012 1:15:53 PM

Not sure how cpu intesive the shuttle is but i was able to record on a older dell with core 2 duo and it was not listed.

You should be ok, but just in case check out what their return policy is. Email them or something like that. But I have had pretty good luck with my black magic. I have a new computer now and I broadcast with it in HD on twitch blows a hdpvr out of the water.
Score
June 21, 2012 10:23:54 PM

Thanks for the info! You really helped me a lot. I was considering the hauppage hd pvr, but the black magic intensity shuttle is better in recording (only capture device I know of that can record 1080p) but the requirements are pretty iffy. Just three last questions; how many GB of hard drive would be good, what is your new computer called, and will it work on a laptop (Macbook Air). Sorry for so many questions (and the huge block of text), but I want to be sure I'll get my money's worth. Thanks again!
Score

Best solution

June 25, 2012 1:42:37 PM

first let me tell you that the black magic and hdpvr DOES NOT record at 1080p for console gaming. They will record at 1080p but at a frame rate of 25 or 30. Xbox and ps3 run at 59.95 frames per second.

I would suggest a 500gb hdd for capturing games keep what you like and then delete the old, but it will cause your hdd to wear out faster. Just know that up front.

Your macbook air will work for recording, but if you plan on streaming with it, you will need a beefier computer.

Also make sure your macbook air has a usb 3.0, it is required by the black magic intensity pro.
June 27, 2012 3:08:49 PM

Thanks for the info! :) 
Score
June 27, 2012 3:08:59 PM

Best answer selected by IHAVEQUESTIONS.
Score
June 28, 2012 7:08:14 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!