Winxp shared printers not visible to wireless machines

August 23, 2004 5:25:44 PM

I am reposting this issue as no one was able to help out
with the problem a little while back I am hoping to have
better luck this time.

The current network has 2 winxp machines that are setup
under a common workgroup name, one of the winxp machines
has 2 printers shared, which can be found by the second
winxp machine (since it has the same workgroup name).

Here is the tricky part, laptops connect to this network
wirelessly, all machines obtain ip addresses from a
wireless router on the network, but are not able to
see the workgroup to add printers. These laptops are winxp
and win2000 machines that the users login to on a domain,
the domain being their office domain. My question is, is
there a way to get these laptops that are logged into
their company's domain to see the shared printers?

I have also tested to get the laptops to login just to the
local machine so where it says "log on to:" I would select
COMPUTERNAME(this machine) and that works if the computer
that does not have the printer shares is turned off,
otherwise the same problem occurs where the printers are
not browsable.

Firewalls on all computers are off, and the service for
computer browsing is enabled on all computers. I just
have no idea why it will not let you browse for the
printers if you are not in the same workgroup but you are
connected within the same ip range.

The printers are connected to a Linksys EtherFast 3-Port
10/100 PrintServer (EPSX3)

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 1:37:31 AM