Windows 7 64Bit and the Antivirus, confusing problem!

Hello,
I have been working to fix this problem for more than 9 months now, I have an original windows 7 Ultimate 64bit both on my home and work pcs, tried another 64bit copy, everything seems fine after a clean install, I have kaspersky antivirus 2010, tried 2011, also Kaspersky internet security 2011, and lately tried norton internet security 2011, everytime i install any of them on any of my win7 64 (work and home) i face a weird problem which freezes my desktop upon boot after all processes done loading, i can only move my mouse and highlight desktop icons but without being able to select any of them, just my windows become in a not responding state (without the not responding massage from windows), even task manager won't work, if i go to safe mode and disable my antivirus everything works fine, the thing that made me go crazy is that sometimes everything works fine for like 3 months with antivirus, and the problem come back with strong raids of the same problem, so i have to go to safe mode again and disable the antivirus. tried to reinstall the windows lots of times but it didnt help, could it be a program that conflicts with my antivirus? BTW with 32Bit win 7 i dont have problems.

P.S: Both PCs have completely different hardware, one core i7 and the other core 2 quad, i tried without overclocking and the same problem persists.

Thanks and sorry for the long post :)
4 answers Last reply
More about windows 64bit antivirus confusing problem
  1. Is it 64bit antivirus you're installing?
  2. don't use kapersky? running 64bit on two machines, one on avast and one on microsoft security essentials, and have no problems.
  3. I have the same issues highlighted by megahmad with my Dell inspiron 1545 and Norton internet Security 2011.
    Appreciate any steps to resolving this.
  4. What are your specs?
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Windows 7 Internet Security Antivirus