Printer not found after installing XP2

August 24, 2004 1:27:03 PM

Have installed XP2 and now get an error when trying to print
"Unable to communicate with device, please start MPservice from the Service
applet in Control Panel"

I cannot find any Service applet in Control Panel.
My printer is a Canon MPC190.

If I revert back to XP1 the printer is found and works fine.
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 5:00:07 PM

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling..

"kookaburra" <kookaburra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have installed XP2 and now get an error when trying to print
> "Unable to communicate with device, please start MPservice from the
> Service
> applet in Control Panel"
>
> I cannot find any Service applet in Control Panel.
> My printer is a Canon MPC190.
>
> If I revert back to XP1 the printer is found and works fine.
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 2:08:12 PM

There is a qfe available for this. It's in tcpip.sys.

Programs that connect to IP addresses that are in the loopback address range
may not work as you expect in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team