Printer not found after installing XP2

Have installed XP2 and now get an error when trying to print
"Unable to communicate with device, please start MPservice from the Service
applet in Control Panel"

I cannot find any Service applet in Control Panel.
My printer is a Canon MPC190.

If I revert back to XP1 the printer is found and works fine.
2 answers Last reply
More about printer found installing

    Try uninstalling and then reinstalling..

    "kookaburra" <kookaburra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have installed XP2 and now get an error when trying to print
    > "Unable to communicate with device, please start MPservice from the
    > Service
    > applet in Control Panel"
    >
    > I cannot find any Service applet in Control Panel.
    > My printer is a Canon MPC190.
    >
    > If I revert back to XP1 the printer is found and works fine.

    There is a qfe available for this. It's in tcpip.sys.

    Programs that connect to IP addresses that are in the loopback address range
    may not work as you expect in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Mike H" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Try uninstalling and then reinstalling..
    >

    > "kookaburra" <kookaburra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Have installed XP2 and now get an error when trying to print
    > > "Unable to communicate with device, please start MPservice from the
    > > Service
    > > applet in Control Panel"
    > >
    > > I cannot find any Service applet in Control Panel.
    > > My printer is a Canon MPC190.
    > >
    > > If I revert back to XP1 the printer is found and works fine.

Control Panel Microsoft Printers Windows XP