Sending Documents With Windows XP FAX Console

Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?
9 answers Last reply
More about sending documents windows console

    You can't. You must print them from the application in which the document is
    created or send them as attachments from Outlook.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?

    You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most scanners
    equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
    document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever heard
    of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows XP?
    Thanks! Doug

    > You can't. You must print them from the application in which the document
    is
    > created or send them as attachments from Outlook.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX
    Console?

    You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most scanners
    equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
    document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever heard
    of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows XP?
    Thanks! Doug

    "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?

    Its far simpler to create the document in your word processor then print it
    to the Fax printer. See the following for more information:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
    HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
    HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
    HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
    HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
    HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    Windows XP Fax

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    > You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most
    > scanners
    > equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
    > document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever
    > heard
    > of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows
    > XP?
    > Thanks! Doug
    >
    > "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?

    I already answered your question. No, most scanners do not have fax
    software, but they do create image files. You just open this image file and
    print it to the fax printer from the application in which it was created.
    --
    > You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most
    > scanners
    > equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
    > document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever
    > heard
    > of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows
    > XP?
    > Thanks! Doug
    >

    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> You can't. You must print them from the application in which the document
    > is
    >> created or send them as attachments from Outlook.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    >> > Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX
    > Console?

    I'm not talking about sending it to the printer, I want to fax a document
    created with my word processor.

    "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
    > Its far simpler to create the document in your word processor then print
    it
    > to the Fax printer. See the following for more information:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
    > HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
    > HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
    > HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
    > HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
    > HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
    > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    > Windows XP Fax
    >
    > Hal
    > --
    > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
    > Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    >
    > "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    > > You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most
    > > scanners
    > > equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
    > > document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever
    > > heard
    > > of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows
    > > XP?
    > > Thanks! Doug
    > >
    > > "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    > >> Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX
    Console?

    SIGH!!! The Fax Printer IS THE FAX MACHINE! When you "PRINT" something to
    the "FAX PRINTER", you start the Send Fax Wizard which sends the something
    you printed as a fax. I don't suppose I could coerce you into READING the
    documents I provided links to, they EXPLAIN all this in detail.

    Hal
    --

    > I'm not talking about sending it to the printer, I want to fax a document
    > created with my word processor.
    >

    > "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
    > > Its far simpler to create the document in your word processor then print
    > it
    > > to the Fax printer. See the following for more information:

    > > HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
    > > HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
    > > HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
    > > HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
    > > HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
    > > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    > > Windows XP Fax
    > >
    > > Hal
    > > --
    > > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
    > > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
    > > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
    > > Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    You seem to have misunderstood Hal's answer.

    When the Windows XP fax facility is installed, it creates a printer-like
    listing as seen in Control Panel Printers and Faxes. To use it, Select
    it as the default printer and print the document as usual. As "Printin"
    starts, there will be on-screen prompts. If this is first use, some
    screens will appear for required information.

    If Fax does not appear in your list of printers, you will have to
    navigate to Control Panel Add remove programs Add/Remove
    Windows Components and select Fax. Put the Windows XP CD in the drive
    and follow on-screen prompts.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    : I'm not talking about sending it to the printer, I want to fax a
    document
    : created with my word processor.
    :
    :
    : "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
    : news:eTB9lwkiEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > Its far simpler to create the document in your word processor then
    print
    : it
    : > to the Fax printer. See the following for more information:
    : >
    : > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
    : > HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
    : > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
    : > HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
    : > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
    : > HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
    : > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
    : > HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
    : > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
    : > HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
    : > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    : > Windows XP Fax
    : >
    : > Hal
    : > --
[...]
    : > >
    : > > "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    : > > news:ueYZzvgiEHA.356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    : > >> Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX
    : Console?
    : > >>
    : > >>
    : > >
    : > >
    : >
    : >
    :
    :
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Thank you ever so much group! -the answer that said to print to FAX when
    selecting print, is the answer that I was looking for and successfully
    accomplished, it does open the send fax wizard but when you have provided
    the necessary information in the last step it will prompt you to view the
    fax and as you can see the original print to FAX document will be there.
    Thanks again for your time and patience! Doug

    "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?

Fax Consoles Microsoft Windows XP