Sending Documents With Windows XP FAX Console

Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?

You can't. You must print them from the application in which the document is
created or send them as attachments from Outlook.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?

You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most scanners
equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever heard
of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows XP?
Thanks! Doug

> You can't. You must print them from the application in which the document
is
> created or send them as attachments from Outlook.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
> > Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX
Console?

You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most scanners
equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever heard
of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows XP?
Thanks! Doug

"DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?

Its far simpler to create the document in your word processor then print it
to the Fax printer. See the following for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
Windows XP Fax

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

> You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most
> scanners
> equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
> document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever
> heard
> of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows
> XP?
> Thanks! Doug
>
> "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX Console?

I already answered your question. No, most scanners do not have fax
software, but they do create image files. You just open this image file and
print it to the fax printer from the application in which it was created.
--
> You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most
> scanners
> equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
> document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever
> heard
> of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows
> XP?
> Thanks! Doug
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> You can't. You must print them from the application in which the document
> is
>> created or send them as attachments from Outlook.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
>> > Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX
> Console?

I'm not talking about sending it to the printer, I want to fax a document
created with my word processor.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> Its far simpler to create the document in your word processor then print
it
> to the Fax printer. See the following for more information:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
> HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
> HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
> HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
> HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
> HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
> Windows XP Fax
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
> > You mean I can't even if I had a scanner? I don't but aren't most
> > scanners
> > equipped with a faxing program, that would be my next step, -to create a
> > document with my word processor and scan it as a FAX. Has anyone ever
> > heard
> > of this being done? or know of a way that I can FAX a flyer with Windows
> > XP?
> > Thanks! Doug
> >
> > "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
> >> Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX
Console?

SIGH!!! The Fax Printer IS THE FAX MACHINE! When you "PRINT" something to
the "FAX PRINTER", you start the Send Fax Wizard which sends the something
you printed as a fax. I don't suppose I could coerce you into READING the
documents I provided links to, they EXPLAIN all this in detail.

Hal
--

> I'm not talking about sending it to the printer, I want to fax a document
> created with my word processor.
>

> "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> > Its far simpler to create the document in your word processor then print
> it
> > to the Fax printer. See the following for more information:

> > HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
> > HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
> > HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
> > HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
> > HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
> > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
> > Windows XP Fax
> >
> > Hal
> > --
> > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> > Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

You seem to have misunderstood Hal's answer.

When the Windows XP fax facility is installed, it creates a printer-like
listing as seen in Control Panel Printers and Faxes. To use it, Select
it as the default printer and print the document as usual. As "Printin"
starts, there will be on-screen prompts. If this is first use, some
screens will appear for required information.

If Fax does not appear in your list of printers, you will have to
navigate to Control Panel Add remove programs Add/Remove
Windows Components and select Fax. Put the Windows XP CD in the drive
and follow on-screen prompts.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

"DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
: I'm not talking about sending it to the printer, I want to fax a
document
: created with my word processor.
:
:
: "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
: news:eTB9lwkiEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > Its far simpler to create the document in your word processor then
print
: it
: > to the Fax printer. See the following for more information:
: >
: > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
: > HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
: > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
: > HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
: > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
: > HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
: > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
: > HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
: > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
: > HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
: > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
: > Windows XP Fax
: >
: > Hal
: > --
[...]
: > >
: > > "DougInRI" <douginri@usadatanet.net> wrote in message
: > > news:ueYZzvgiEHA.356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: > >> Can anyone tell me how I can send a document with Windows XP FAX
: Console?
: > >>
: > >>
: > >
: > >
: >
: >
:
:

Thank you ever so much group! -the answer that said to print to FAX when
selecting print, is the answer that I was looking for and successfully
accomplished, it does open the send fax wizard but when you have provided
the necessary information in the last step it will prompt you to view the
fax and as you can see the original print to FAX document will be there.
Thanks again for your time and patience! Doug