Everything closing instantaniously

Tenderness

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Hello, guys. I am having a problem with my computer, causing me to crash in all kinds of games. It's pretty much everything from League of Legends to World of Warcraft and Diablo 3, with Battlefield 3 as the only exception. It could sound like a graphic/heat problem, but i have checked both drivers aswell as temps and it's simply not the problem. Anyone have a idea what could generally cause something like this? (When the games crash it's the games own error-reporter that reports the crash. Bugsplat(lol) Wow-error(Wow) and so on.

Hope anyone can help :)

Tenderness

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Here is some speccs, just to clarify.

Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.39GHz
GPU: ARI HD Radeon 5850
RAM: Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

I have tried various kinds of software to check for drivers and so on, but nothing seems to explain why the games crash to windows. I have also been getting a bluescreen every once in a while, but im informed that should be due to driver bugs?

it would help if you knew what the error code on bluescreen is

download bluescreenview program, you'll be able to see the blue screen codes with it

getting software to check your drivers is nice, but doing the updates yourself is best.

I'd say run memtest86 on your ram. Also, what are the temps that you've observed for your CPU/GPU under load?

what AMD driver version are you using? And what is your HDD? how much free space?

Tenderness

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012

Bluescreen is various reports. I am using a program to inform which, and it is usually "irql not less or equal" and "system service exception".

I have tried a memorytest before, showing that nothing was wrong :) I can do one again soon just to make sure that nothing has changed since i first did it.

The version of my AMD driver should be 6.1.7600.16385.
Im not entirely sure what that would be, but im guessing something with my harddrive? It's allmost empty, only 65GB used other than what Windows takes up. I have a 500GB disk, so that leaves allmost 400GB free. :)Hope it will help you help me :D

run memtest with only 1 stick of ram at a time.

for BSOD i need the actual error codes not the description.

for AMD driver version, I mean the catalyst version (GPU drivers)

also, what is your PSU make and model?

Tenderness

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012

I will try and find the error codes, not gonna be until tommorrow though.

The Catalyst version would be 8.961 then, i suppose.

Not sure what the PSU make and model exactly is? (havn't been doing a lot of playing around with computers before, so many things are kinda new to me, sorry ^^)

Tenderness

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Im not sure what the easiest way to report the numbers BlueScreenView is giving me, is? Can i dump pics or is there a way for it to open the DMP file as a text file or something like that?

dassix

Honorable
May 31, 2012
In my experience blue screens have always been a driver or memory problem. This doesn't mean it holds true for your situation, but definitely run memtest, and post results. Last 10 boxes I worked on that had blue screens during activity:
8 were faulty ram
2 were drivers

The good news is that BSOD nowadays is usually trouble-shooted and solved within these two categories. Both being relatively inexpensive or easy to solve.

go into bios and load optimized defaults. then set hpet to match your o.s bitrate. ie 32 for 32bit or 54 for 64bit...
hpet is the "high precision event timer" and is an essential setting to keep win7 or vista stable... if set wrong it will cause random bsods which matches your symptoms...

Tenderness

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Gonna start running memtests now, but it's been a while since i did it last. Is there a standard option for getting the BIOS to do it for itself?

Tenderness

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
And by the way, i can't seem to find "optimized defaults" or is that just the same as "defaults"? Also, where do you find the hpet option? :)

Tenderness

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Small update here.

Just ran memtest86+ a few times. Did 2 pass with both rams. Both individually and together. The test didn't show any errors though.

This kinda brings me back to where i started.