Games FPS drops

bountier

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hello!

Recently, I have suffered strange FPS drops in most of my games. The weirdest thing is, that FPS drops occur not all the time. For example, I can start a game now and it will be running smoothly at 60-99 FPS. Then I can immediately close the game and start it again, and it will be very laggy and running at only 7-30 FPS :eek: . I can't understand why games run very unstable on my computer? Maybe it is RAM issue? And other thing to note that, when I'm playing a game (let's say it is Fallout 3), FPS can be from 60 to 99, but it can suddenly drop to 10-30 FPS, BUT if I will play longer with 10-30 FPS, the FPS stabilizes and goes to 60-99 FPS. So I can play games, but with very strange FPS drops. This problem occurs not on all my games.

My computer specifications:
Operating system: MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU: Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz (Lynnfield 45nm Technology)
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Monitor: SDM-HX73 (1280x1024@60Hz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55M-S2H (Socket 1156)
Hard drive: 977GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA)
Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio
All my drivers are updated.

I am looking forward to hearing from you advices and possible problem solutions. :ange:
Thanks for your help! :)
bountier

ShadowRecon15

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Hello, bountier. I had the same problem about a week ago. What I did is I cleaned the CPU heatsync because there was so much dust on it that air couldn't get through. Same with the Graphics Card. Cleaned out the fan and games ran more than 120 FPS for me.

bountier

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Thanks for responding, ShadowRecon. I would probably try to do that, but I can't realize that the dust can cause that sort of problem. Why games sometimes can run at normal FPS and sometimes not. Strange. I don't know where heatsync is, but I will try to know that in Internet. Glad to hear that this problem occurs not for me only. Anyway thanks for advice. I post here my results after cleaning heatsync. :)

bountier

TRENDING THREADS