I am in India and putting together my first build. I have already shortlisted the following components.
1. core i5 2400
2. 1920*1080 LG 20" LED monitor
3. 4 gb corsair DDR3 1333 ram
4. 500GB SATA 7200 rpm Seagate barracuda
5. coolermaster 310 elite cabinet
Prices here are sky high and the above components have spared me about $220 for a mobo, GPU and PSU. I need advice on the following points:
1. Here, there are two mobo's on offer; a PH61 and another PH67. which should I go for and why?
2. Can an HD 6670 deliver playable fps for BF3 on medium settings and how much can i push it?
3. Considering the above config, how do i decide on the psu required?
I would get the 6850 or higher because it will handle 1080 at med to low. I would get a 500w PSU one with SLI/CrossFire ready. The brands you should look at are Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, XFX, Silver Stone, and some OCZ brands.
I will link you to a list of good PSU's to the worst so you can maybe match one up within your budget. And finally the MOBO the P61 has only one PCIe x 16 slot. Plus it has only room for two sticks of RAM.
The P67 has 4 slots for RAM and it has two PCIe slots x 16 and x 8 I will link you to both of the ones I found. Just in what I have stated should help you in figuring out how to proceed. Good luck to you.