Faxing in Windows

August 26, 2004 7:13:05 AM

I have just added the fax Module for Windows XP and cannot view my faxes
before I decide to print.

More about : faxing windows

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 9:39:17 AM

Why can't you? What are you trying and what happens?
There may be many causes for this problem. Most often, this problem arises
because some other imaging application that you installed has set itself as
the default viewer for TIF files. To view faxes from the Fax Console, the
Windows Imaging and Fax viewer must be your default viewer for TIF files.
You can easily restore that setting in Windows Explorer > Folder Options.
File Types. For most users the command line should read:

"rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

Another common cause of this problem is firewall software Trojan horse
rules. The most common is one that ships with Norton Internet Security.
Details on that on are available here:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c21...

--
Russ Valentine