EQ1: Map question

I've looked in the settings, but I can't find a way to
override maps when there is a default version of the zone.
I've used Mappie to change colours on various maps to make
them easier to read with these tired old eyes of mine, but
each time I start EQ, it downloads the default version.

In alt.games.everquest, KDragon <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> wrote:

>I've looked in the settings, but I can't find a way to
>override maps when there is a default version of the zone.
>I've used Mappie to change colours on various maps to make
>them easier to read with these tired old eyes of mine, but
>each time I start EQ, it downloads the default version.

Make your changes on layers other than the base layer.

The layers are displayed on-top of each other, if you avoid touching the
base layer, then your changes won't get scrubbed.

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)
Recommended Author : Guy Gavriel Kay