HP Printers and XP

Has anyone had experience installing an HP 1210 on XP
Pro? I've been trying to get this thing to install for a
week now. I keep getting an error message that says "A
required section is missing from the INF file.", but
beyond that, I don't get any clues about what it's looking
for. Calls to HP have produced answers like "yeah, that
happens sometimes" and "that's a known problem and we're
working on it", but I see that plenty of people are using
them with sucess.

I've got the printer hooked up via USB and have
disconnected all other USB devices to facilitate this.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you downloaded updated drivers and applications from the HP web site?
Have you tried http://tinyurl.com/2qn8o (short url for HP uninstaller, which
may be run to eliminate problems when you do a reinstall of the drivers or
an update install fails.)
This is a multifunction printer, and the install instructions should be
followed to the letter.