xp sp1 limited acct printing is slow

Hi all:

I'm running windows xp home edition sp1 on a pc that is
attached to an hp deskjet 3420 via a usb cable. The pc is
running 2.6 GHz with 512 mb ram and has decent response
time for a standalone home machine . I am also running
norton antivirus 2004. Both the pc and printer are local
and are not networked. I have changed the printer
properties advanced tab to 'print directly to the
printer'. I'm up to date on hp device drivers.

I can consistently print fine with good response time as
an admin but when I switch to the limited account, it
takes over a minute consistently from the time I click
print to actually start printing the document and the
system hangs until printing is complete . any ideas on how
to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for your time.

John
2 answers Last reply
More about limited acct printing slow

    Printing direct can take much longer, but unless you change your antivirus
    software, there's not much you're going to be able to do as regards speed.
    www.coribright.com

    john Wrote:
    > Hi all:
    >
    > I'm running windows xp home edition sp1 on a pc that is
    > attached to an hp deskjet 3420 via a usb cable. The pc is
    > running 2.6 GHz with 512 mb ram and has decent response
    > time for a standalone home machine . I am also running
    > norton antivirus 2004. Both the pc and printer are local
    > and are not networked. I have changed the printer
    > properties advanced tab to 'print directly to the
    > printer'. I'm up to date on hp device drivers.
    >
    > I can consistently print fine with good response time as
    > an admin but when I switch to the limited account, it
    > takes over a minute consistently from the time I click
    > print to actually start printing the document and the
    > system hangs until printing is complete . any ideas on how
    > to resolve this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your time.
    >
    > John
    try changing the spool setting to winprint--> ntemf 1.008

    --
    sherry

Windows XP Hewlett Packard Printers