How can I get rid of a Fax that calls my home computer
when I am online or shortly after? I had Fax software on
my Dell system(Windows XP), but have deleted everything
with *fax* in it and still get these annoying calls. (Is
there any file with "fax" in it that I should keep? I
havn't dumped the garbage yet).

"Tommy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I get rid of a Fax that calls my home computer
> when I am online or shortly after? I had Fax software on
> my Dell system(Windows XP), but have deleted everything
> with *fax* in it and still get these annoying calls. (Is
> there any file with "fax" in it that I should keep? I
> havn't dumped the garbage yet).

Let me get this straight. Whenever you open Internet Explorer, soon after,
the phone rings and you get a fax? What number is the fax sent from? What
info is in the fax?

I don't think that madly erasing every file that has "fax" in its filename
will help. You probably have some kind of virus or spyware that is
generating these faxes. You need to do a scan for viruses, and you need to
download Adaware and/or Spybot Search & Destroy and scan your computer for
spyware.

Dick Kistler