Printing checks - setting custom page lengths

We are trying to use pre-printed checks with Peachtree
Accounting (2004) that require a page length of 7 inches.
We have been unable to get the Windows XP drivers to allow
us to set a "Custom" Page size for any "Impact" (i.e.- dot
matrix) printer from Okidata or Epson. These worked okay
under an older computer using Windows 98, but the "old"
printer drivers will not load, the manufacturer's say the
latest drivers are in Windows XP and and there is
no "Custom" page size available in the printer setup.

Any help will be much appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about printing checks setting custom page lengths

    Custom Printer Form

    New forms much be within the printable area of the device defined in the GPD
    file to become available in the printers UI.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323228
    HOW TO: Manage Print Servers in Windows 2000
    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We are trying to use pre-printed checks with Peachtree
    > Accounting (2004) that require a page length of 7 inches.
    > We have been unable to get the Windows XP drivers to allow
    > us to set a "Custom" Page size for any "Impact" (i.e.- dot
    > matrix) printer from Okidata or Epson. These worked okay
    > under an older computer using Windows 98, but the "old"
    > printer drivers will not load, the manufacturer's say the
    > latest drivers are in Windows XP and and there is
    > no "Custom" page size available in the printer setup.
    >
    > Any help will be much appreciated.

    Thanks, Alan.

    [ln];kbhowto

    confers no rights.

    >"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> We are trying to use pre-printed checks with Peachtree
    >> Accounting (2004) that require a page length of 7
    inches.
    >> We have been unable to get the Windows XP drivers to
    allow
    >> us to set a "Custom" Page size for any "Impact" (i.e.-
    dot
    >> matrix) printer from Okidata or Epson. These worked okay
    >> under an older computer using Windows 98, but the "old"
    >> printer drivers will not load, the manufacturer's say
    the
    >> latest drivers are in Windows XP and and there is
    >> no "Custom" page size available in the printer setup.
    >>
    >> Any help will be much appreciated.
    >

    >.

Drivers Printers Windows XP