Printing checks - setting custom page lengths

August 26, 2004 6:02:10 PM

We are trying to use pre-printed checks with Peachtree
Accounting (2004) that require a page length of 7 inches.
We have been unable to get the Windows XP drivers to allow
us to set a "Custom" Page size for any "Impact" (i.e.- dot
matrix) printer from Okidata or Epson. These worked okay
under an older computer using Windows 98, but the "old"
printer drivers will not load, the manufacturer's say the
latest drivers are in Windows XP and and there is
no "Custom" page size available in the printer setup.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 27, 2004 1:56:00 PM

Custom Printer Form

New forms much be within the printable area of the device defined in the GPD
file to become available in the printers UI.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323228
HOW TO: Manage Print Servers in Windows 2000
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are trying to use pre-printed checks with Peachtree
> Accounting (2004) that require a page length of 7 inches.
> We have been unable to get the Windows XP drivers to allow
> us to set a "Custom" Page size for any "Impact" (i.e.- dot
> matrix) printer from Okidata or Epson. These worked okay
> under an older computer using Windows 98, but the "old"
> printer drivers will not load, the manufacturer's say the
> latest drivers are in Windows XP and and there is
> no "Custom" page size available in the printer setup.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.
August 31, 2004 7:18:17 PM

Thanks, Alan.

[ln];kbhowto