anybody pls i need help here!

G

I need help about my processor and motherboard, I have a Pentium 200 MMX and a VX PRO+ chipset, I was able to overclock it at 225 Mhz using 75 Mhz multiplied to 3 = 225 Mhz and works fine, so I decided to overclock it up to 250 Mhz, The very first time I boot up the system crashed and the second time I was able to go to windows but windows crashed too. I used the 83 Mhz FSB multiplied to 3 = 250 Mhz. I think that my motherboard and my processor doesnt like the 83 Mhz. FSB cause I also tried using 83 Mhz multiplied to 2 = 210 Mhz. but still windows crashes. there arelots of people told me that they were successful in overclocking a Pentium 200 MMX to 266 up to 300 Mhz but how can I overclock it up to 250 Mhz? I need help!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You may have a board that is not stable at 83MHz, this is common. Or your memory might be just a hair too slow. You might also need to raise the core voltage, since it's already at 2.8v, if your board supports 2.9v (many did as it's a Cyrix voltage), try that, otherwise, go for straight 3.3v voltage, with proper cooling the processor should live with it.

Back to you Tom...