Overclocking my PIII i440BX-W977EF above 4.5/124 FSB

Captain_Splat

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2001
I know my cooling can handle it, but my multiplier is locked and she won't boot above 124Mhz FSB. I heard from some guy who heard from another guy that there is a certain modification i can make to my mobo to enable 133fsb and possibly multiplier settings. Please help, all you old-time veterans that hang out here I know some of you possess this valuable ancient knowledge. Thanks. Oh yeah right now it's a PIII 450 OC'ed to 558. She's warm, but not enough to burn my fingers...yet.

I think you have to increase your core voltage if thats possible, but watch what the AGP and PCI bus dividers are set at, cause they won't go too high.

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink:

Captain_Splat

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2001
Bump. I knew i shouldn't have posted at 3am, it was a bitch to find this. Anyone know how to up the voltage safely? Maybe you know of a website that has archives from 2 years ago??

Captain_Splat

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2001
Ok I read all that, didn't help...much. I already know the difference between a piece of crap and a piece of gold. Ok i learned a few things. Tell me more.

My wifes comp has a p3 450@600 SL35D . if your motherboard does not support voltage changes then do this.
Cover connectors A-119,B-119and A-121 on the processor cartridge with GOOD clear tape, sticky teflon tape, etc...
This will give you 2.2 volts.if possible cool the cache chips with a copper plate between them and the heatsink. They sit lover on the pcb so the heatsink does not touch them without a spacer.

I aint signing nothing!!!