PRL ??

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 27, 2005 5:10:23 AM

If PRL 50271 is out then how is it that my mom and dads phone have 50261.
They have an LG 4500 phone. My phone PRL is 50266 and I have a LG 8000
phone. I do not get how they could be different. I live in Northern Kentucky
close to Cincinnati Ohio. Could the area you live in matter what PRL you get
from Verizon??

More about : prl

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 5:10:24 AM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 02:10:23 GMT, "Viper" <user@user.com> wrote:

>If PRL 50271 is out then how is it that my mom and dads phone have 50261.
>They have an LG 4500 phone. My phone PRL is 50266 and I have a LG 8000
>phone. I do not get how they could be different. I live in Northern Kentucky
>close to Cincinnati Ohio. Could the area you live in matter what PRL you get
>from Verizon??

PRL 50271 is only aviable to people on the new AC2 (No Roaming) plan which
was made available on Feb. 21st.

You can change to that plan by signing a new contract which will only
change the length of your term. It will not change your cost or your due
date for a phone upgrade.
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 5:10:24 AM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 02:10:23 GMT, Viper wrote:

>If PRL 50271 is out then how is it that my mom and dads phone have 50261.
>They have an LG 4500 phone. My phone PRL is 50266 and I have a LG 8000
>phone. I do not get how they could be different. I live in Northern Kentucky
>close to Cincinnati Ohio. Could the area you live in matter what PRL you get
>from Verizon??

Its the plan you have. 50261 is America's Choice with roaming (i.e. pre-2/22); 50271 is America's Choice without roaming (i.e. 2/22 and later). No idea what 50266 is (National Single Rate?).
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 5:10:24 AM

I have PRL 50238 and I live in Chicago. What does that mean?

--
All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.
"Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
> If PRL 50271 is out then how is it that my mom and dads phone have 50261.
> They have an LG 4500 phone. My phone PRL is 50266 and I have a LG 8000
> phone. I do not get how they could be different. I live in Northern
> Kentucky close to Cincinnati Ohio. Could the area you live in matter what
> PRL you get from Verizon??

February 27, 2005 5:10:25 AM

Philip R. Mann wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 02:10:23 GMT, Viper wrote:
>

>>If PRL 50271 is out then how is it that my mom and dads phone have 50261.
>>They have an LG 4500 phone. My phone PRL is 50266 and I have a LG 8000
>>phone. I do not get how they could be different. I live in Northern Kentucky
>>close to Cincinnati Ohio. Could the area you live in matter what PRL you get
>
>>from Verizon??
>
> Its the plan you have. 50261 is America's Choice with roaming (i.e. pre-2/22); 50271 is America's Choice without roaming (i.e. 2/22 and later). No idea what 50266 is (National Single Rate?).

50266 is the EVDO PRL for America's Choice with roaming.

In reference to a post about not finding America's Choice 2 on the
website, it isn't list as that on the web. It's just listed as
America's Choice and in smaller print you'll see that there is no roaming.

Rich
February 27, 2005 5:10:25 AM

David R. Goyer wrote:
> I have PRL 50238 and I live in Chicago. What does that mean?

That means you are on the original America's Choice plan and have not
updated your PRL since last Monday.

Rich
February 27, 2005 5:32:15 AM

Dose verizon's seb site show the new AC2 plans? I did not see it on the site
and I also did not see any thing about roaming on the web site eather. I
went to verizonwireless.com and clicked on the plan section to view the plan
info. I currently have the 900 min for 59.99 plan. I use to have 800 min for
59.99 now I get 100 extra min's. My phone is the LG 8000 phone.

"tipp" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 02:10:23 GMT, "Viper" <user@user.com> wrote:
>
>>If PRL 50271 is out then how is it that my mom and dads phone have 50261.
>>They have an LG 4500 phone. My phone PRL is 50266 and I have a LG 8000
>>phone. I do not get how they could be different. I live in Northern
>>Kentucky
>>close to Cincinnati Ohio. Could the area you live in matter what PRL you
>>get
>>from Verizon??
>>

> PRL 50271 is only aviable to people on the new AC2 (No Roaming) plan which
> was made available on Feb. 21st.
>
> You can change to that plan by signing a new contract which will only
> change the length of your term. It will not change your cost or your due
> date for a phone upgrade.

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 5:45:30 PM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:44:19 -0500, Rich wrote:

>50266 is the EVDO PRL for America's Choice with roaming

What is an EVDO PRL?
February 27, 2005 7:12:50 PM

Philip R. Mann wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:44:19 -0500, Rich wrote:
>
>>50266 is the EVDO PRL for America's Choice with roaming
>
> What is an EVDO PRL?

EVDO is the next generation of data services (Broadband Access). The
EVDO phones for some reason get a special version of the PRL.

Rich
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 6:35:51 AM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:12:50 -0500, Rich wrote:

>EVDO is the next generation of data services (Broadband Access). The
>EVDO phones for some reason get a special version of the PRL.

I thought for broadband access, you had to sign up for the National Access + Broadband data plan which didn't make much sense
prior to Monday as the extra $40 (for the minimium 20M plan) could have been used towards an AC Plan with at least 900 extra
weekday minutes; even at the Quick2Net speeds, you could download more than 20M of data during premium hours with the
extra minutes.

Even as to post-2/22 AC plans, it doesn't make any sense --- the only National Access plan which seems to have broadband
access is the unlimited plan for $80 and the calculation gets a bit complicated by what you can get locally:

DSL or cable with higher speeds is available for considerably less and includes mail servers, news servers, etc. that you
normally expect an ISP to provide but which doesn't seem to be provided by VZW (add these costs to the $80 if you're not willing
to accept a free solution with advertising); then there is the question of whether your ISP allows access to its servers through
another service such as VZW's #777 [RoadRunner, e.g., allows access to its pop server only; for outgoing mail (other than web
mail) and for newsgroups, I would have to use RR's dial up numbers (for which VZW, under its new data plans, seems to want to
charge an extra 25 cents per minute)]

And even if you figure that you'll do enough travelling to save $80 (or whatever) each month in hotel charges for high speed
access (only) [as indicated, phone charges might be required in any event], I would think it would make more sense to use a PC
card so that your phone is not tied up.

As for Blackberry and PDA's which have their own special (more costly) plans, I don't know what PRL either would use. And I
don't know why you'd use either anymore for both voice and data, at least exclusively over VZW. I don't have a Blackberry so
don't have any personal experience there. As for a PDA, the convenience of using one device might have made sense at one
time but the total weight of both devices now probably is only slightly more than that of the combined device. Nowadays the
monthly cost of the VZW solution to use the device for both purposes is considerably higher than the monthly cost of a cellphone
and of a WiFi plan for an 802.11b equipped PDA.
!