Printer will not print after installing SP 2

After trying everything I could I gave up and deleted SP 2.
My printer is now working.
7 answers Last reply
More about printer print installing

    Seems there is alot of printer problems when applying SP2. I'd say wait till
    all the bugs are fixed before applying SP2

    "Holly0120" <Holly0120@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After trying everything I could I gave up and deleted SP 2.
    > My printer is now working.

    What make and model printer, Holly?
    www.coribright.com

    "Holly0120" <Holly0120@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After trying everything I could I gave up and deleted SP 2.
    > My printer is now working.

    USB printer? My Canon i9900 via USB2 stopped working along with all
    other USB devices, but updating the USB drivers in Device Manager
    fixed it:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873169

    Holly0120 wrote:
    > After trying everything I could I gave up and deleted SP 2.
    > My printer is now working.

    I HAVE INSTALLED PHOTOSMART 1000 BUT WHEN IT PRINTS IT
    GIVES UNCODED WORDS IN ANOTHER TERM COMPUTER LANGUAGECAN
    YOU HELP THANK YOU PAUL

    Same here> HP842c does not print anymore after the SP2
    install.The print file is created and in the queue and
    the printer advances the paper, but it does not print.
    Is that on account of new security features?

    Uninstall and reinstall:

    www.coribright.com

> [...]

    Uninstalling a MAJOR security update because you cannot spend five minutes
    waiting for an answer on the CORRECT installation of your printer is very
    foolish.
    www.coribright.com

    "Holly0120" <Holly0120@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After trying everything I could I gave up and deleted SP 2.
    > My printer is now working.

Fax Microsoft Printers Windows XP