Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Motorola V400 - Battery running short

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 8, 2004 4:16:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Just got a new v400. But didn't like the battery life. I wonder if I
charged the phone correctly. The manual said the battery is partially
charged at the factory and I should charge it till it says 'charge
complete'. I did that. It took only 2 hours and it lasted about 2
days and 12 hours. That's short comparing to V60's at last five to
six days use.

The manual said *some battery* perform best after several full
charge/discharge cycles, and a Cingular welcome sheet said for *some
models*, the initial charging time is 14 hours. Could V400 and its
battery SNN5683A be one of these models?

Are there higher capacity battery to use with V400?
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 5:38:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Just got a new v400. But didn't like the battery life,


The Motorola V400 is a Class 4 hanset which means it`s a more powerful
phone than the v60 was. Since it has a higher pull on the network it
uses more power. Also it has a color display will drain battery 25%
faster than the grey scale display. You should charge you phone daily
since its a lith ploy battery and will not get overcharged. That is a
lot cheeper than buying an extended battery. If you must buy a battery
check the Motorola Consumer products website to see if you can find
one or if one is made for your phone. DO NOT USE NON ORGINAL MOTOROLA
BATTERIES. For you to save 20.00 bucks on a battery can cause you to
pay $399.99 to replace the phone at full cost.


--
Wireless Guy

The Cellphone Guy..
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t116450.html
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 12:53:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
news:rmarkoff-92C51F.09382411042004@news6.west.earthlink.net...

>
> And your URL for that is?
>
> And you left out the link that proves you wrong because.....
>
>
>

Congratulations, Robert- you have proved yourself to be a bigger moron here,
than on the Sprint group. Dave is right, and you are wrong. Period.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 1:28:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:jfWdnZ1gv_4lxuTdRVn-hg@adelphia.com...
>
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:rmarkoff-92C51F.09382411042004@news6.west.earthlink.net...
>
> > And your URL for that is?
> >
> > And you left out the link that proves you wrong because.....
> >
> Congratulations, Robert- you have proved yourself to be a bigger moron
here,
> than on the Sprint group. Dave is right, and you are wrong. Period.

Robert -

Not to worry about the unschooled response(s) to your fact-based post
regarding the characteristics (including charging behavior) of Ni MH/Ni-Cd
batteries. You provided the facts (And a citiation!). Others proved that
some people will not replace their own lack of knowlege with facts, even
when the facts are brought to them, apparently believing that, if they shout
loud enough or assert incorrect information often enough, they can make it
so. This is a general probelm in the nation today, not limited to ignorance
of the physics of battery behavior.

RWEmerson
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:39:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <Wireless.Guy.14hih3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
Wireless Guy <Wireless.Guy.14hih3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

> DO NOT USE NON ORGINAL MOTOROLA
> BATTERIES.

Pure unadulterated F.U.D.

Make Motorola rich by paying their 200% markup on batteries.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 8:19:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

And you also left out the URL:

http://www.national.com/appinfo/power/files/f7.pdf

Lithium batteries do not need to be babied. Plain and simple.



> "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:jfWdnZ1gv_4lxuTdRVn-hg@adelphia.com...
> >
> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > news:rmarkoff-92C51F.09382411042004@news6.west.earthlink.net...
> >
> > > And your URL for that is?
> > >
> > > And you left out the link that proves you wrong because.....
> > >
> > Congratulations, Robert- you have proved yourself to be a bigger moron
> here,
> > than on the Sprint group. Dave is right, and you are wrong. Period.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 8:20:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <107ip0amrb4pbff@corp.supernews.com>,
"RWEmerson" <foolishconsistency@hobgoblin.com> wrote:

> Robert -
>
> Not to worry about the unschooled response(s) to your fact-based post
> regarding the characteristics (including charging behavior) of Ni MH/Ni-Cd
> batteries. You provided the facts (And a citiation!). Others proved that
> some people will not replace their own lack of knowlege with facts, even
> when the facts are brought to them, apparently believing that, if they shout
> loud enough or assert incorrect information often enough, they can make it
> so. This is a general probelm in the nation today, not limited to ignorance
> of the physics of battery behavior.
>
> RWEmerson

Thank you sir !

http://www.national.com/appinfo/power/files/f7.pdf
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 3:55:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I have a v400 and yes, the battery life is not the greatest. Also, just
because the phone says fully charged it may not be. I would suggest you
charge it for at least 8 hours.

"Nobody" <Nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:lqg970hd3blggpuhatji52qkts38oddkes@4ax.com...
> Just got a new v400. But didn't like the battery life. I wonder if I
> charged the phone correctly. The manual said the battery is partially
> charged at the factory and I should charge it till it says 'charge
> complete'. I did that. It took only 2 hours and it lasted about 2
> days and 12 hours. That's short comparing to V60's at last five to
> six days use.
>
> The manual said *some battery* perform best after several full
> charge/discharge cycles, and a Cingular welcome sheet said for *some
> models*, the initial charging time is 14 hours. Could V400 and its
> battery SNN5683A be one of these models?
>
> Are there higher capacity battery to use with V400?
!