Motorola V400 - Battery running short

Just got a new v400. But didn't like the battery life. I wonder if I
charged the phone correctly. The manual said the battery is partially
charged at the factory and I should charge it till it says 'charge
complete'. I did that. It took only 2 hours and it lasted about 2
days and 12 hours. That's short comparing to V60's at last five to
six days use.

The manual said *some battery* perform best after several full
charge/discharge cycles, and a Cingular welcome sheet said for *some
models*, the initial charging time is 14 hours. Could V400 and its
battery SNN5683A be one of these models?

Are there higher capacity battery to use with V400?
7 answers Last reply
More about motorola v400 battery running short

    Just got a new v400. But didn't like the battery life,

    The Motorola V400 is a Class 4 hanset which means it`s a more powerful
    phone than the v60 was. Since it has a higher pull on the network it
    uses more power. Also it has a color display will drain battery 25%
    faster than the grey scale display. You should charge you phone daily
    since its a lith ploy battery and will not get overcharged. That is a
    lot cheeper than buying an extended battery. If you must buy a battery
    check the Motorola Consumer products website to see if you can find
    one or if one is made for your phone. DO NOT USE NON ORGINAL MOTOROLA
    BATTERIES. For you to save 20.00 bucks on a battery can cause you to
    pay $399.99 to replace the phone at full cost.

    --
    Wireless Guy

    The Cellphone Guy..
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t116450.html

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

    > And your URL for that is?
    >
    > And you left out the link that proves you wrong because.....

    Congratulations, Robert- you have proved yourself to be a bigger moron here,
    than on the Sprint group. Dave is right, and you are wrong. Period.

    "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message

    > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > And your URL for that is?
    > >
    > > And you left out the link that proves you wrong because.....
    > >
    > Congratulations, Robert- you have proved yourself to be a bigger moron
    here,
    > than on the Sprint group. Dave is right, and you are wrong. Period.

    Robert -

    Not to worry about the unschooled response(s) to your fact-based post
    regarding the characteristics (including charging behavior) of Ni MH/Ni-Cd
    batteries. You provided the facts (And a citiation!). Others proved that
    some people will not replace their own lack of knowlege with facts, even
    when the facts are brought to them, apparently believing that, if they shout
    loud enough or assert incorrect information often enough, they can make it
    so. This is a general probelm in the nation today, not limited to ignorance
    of the physics of battery behavior.

    RWEmerson

    In article <Wireless.Guy.14hih3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
    Wireless Guy <Wireless.Guy.14hih3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    > DO NOT USE NON ORGINAL MOTOROLA
    > BATTERIES.

    Pure unadulterated F.U.D.

    Make Motorola rich by paying their 200% markup on batteries.

    And you also left out the URL:

    http://www.national.com/appinfo/power/files/f7.pdf

    Lithium batteries do not need to be babied. Plain and simple.

    In article <107ip0amrb4pbff@corp.supernews.com>,
    "RWEmerson" <foolishconsistency@hobgoblin.com> wrote:

    > Robert -
    >
    > Not to worry about the unschooled response(s) to your fact-based post
    > regarding the characteristics (including charging behavior) of Ni MH/Ni-Cd
    > batteries. You provided the facts (And a citiation!). Others proved that
    > some people will not replace their own lack of knowlege with facts, even
    > when the facts are brought to them, apparently believing that, if they shout
    > loud enough or assert incorrect information often enough, they can make it
    > so. This is a general probelm in the nation today, not limited to ignorance
    > of the physics of battery behavior.
    >
    > RWEmerson

    Thank you sir !

    http://www.national.com/appinfo/power/files/f7.pdf

    I have a v400 and yes, the battery life is not the greatest. Also, just
    because the phone says fully charged it may not be. I would suggest you
    charge it for at least 8 hours.

    "Nobody" <Nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Just got a new v400. But didn't like the battery life. I wonder if I
    > charged the phone correctly. The manual said the battery is partially
    > charged at the factory and I should charge it till it says 'charge
    > complete'. I did that. It took only 2 hours and it lasted about 2
    > days and 12 hours. That's short comparing to V60's at last five to
    > six days use.
    >
    > The manual said *some battery* perform best after several full
    > charge/discharge cycles, and a Cingular welcome sheet said for *some
    > models*, the initial charging time is 14 hours. Could V400 and its
    > battery SNN5683A be one of these models?
    >
    > Are there higher capacity battery to use with V400?

Cingular Battery Motorola Internet Service Providers