Windows 8 Store

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Got win 8 running, but when i click the store app to launch, nothing happens other than the tile going to full screen then it drops back to the 'start screen' I have my account logged in and everything,, not understanding...

Solution
Interesting... have a look at this: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-metro-tiles-responding-windows-8

Note the bottom of the page as well. If you have Avast antivirus installed (seems like version 7 is affected?) temporarily disable the program and then try entering the store and running Metro apps again.

If these suggestions don't work, try running the Refresh my PC option (type Refresh into the start screen and select the Settings option at the right. "Refresh your PC" should be the first option you see). The net effect is a repair install of Windows. Any data you have loaded on to the system should be ok, but I would make a backup of anything important before attempting this just to be safe.
Interesting... have a look at this: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-metro-tiles-responding-windows-8

Note the bottom of the page as well. If you have Avast antivirus installed (seems like version 7 is affected?) temporarily disable the program and then try entering the store and running Metro apps again.

If these suggestions don't work, try running the Refresh my PC option (type Refresh into the start screen and select the Settings option at the right. "Refresh your PC" should be the first option you see). The net effect is a repair install of Windows. Any data you have loaded on to the system should be ok, but I would make a backup of anything important before attempting this just to be safe.

Solution

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
OK, I originally installed by upgrading from Windows 7, I did a PC refresh (the one that isn't supposed to erase files) - but it did erase all my programs and gave me a fresh windows 8,, had to do the whole setup process again, however I did keep my files on the hard drive,,

Windows Store and everything else seems to be working now, I suppose it was some setting somewhere that was conflicting with getting the apps to open.

Now to just have Logmein play nice with Windows 8 and I'll be set