EQ2 - Splitpaw Restart Times

Just thought I'd let you all know the response I got from SOE CS about the
change of update / restart times for Splitpaw to match the other Euro
servers that Moorgard said would happen "soon" after the transfers were
completed on the forums in this message.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=news_announcements&message.id=92

Their reply was :-

"Unfortunately, at the time that Moorgard made that post he was not aware
of the issues with how we handle server updates.

Because Splitpaw and Runnyeye on within our internal network they are
connected to the same branch of hardware, when we push data to the US
servers that same data has to be pushed to Runnyeye and Splitpaw at the
same time.

Our Platform team is working on correcting this however that is
completely out of both Customer Service and Developments hands."

So what they're saying I think is that now it's on the US server update list
they don't know how to move it to the Euro list and we're stuck with the
12pm GMT restart times.
9 answers Last reply
More about splitpaw restart times

    >So what they're saying I think is that now it's on the US server
    update list
    >they don't know how to move it to the Euro list and we're stuck with
    the
    >12pm GMT restart times.

    I've given up trying to workout what SOE are doing with the
    supposedly English language EU servers. I mean, first off Runnyeye was
    the only server and marked as so, however a few days after launch the
    label was taken off. I assume because it was so overloaded SOE hoped
    removing the label would stop people making chars there. It didn't,
    so they split the server three ways and after much complaining gave us
    a true English EU server in Amsterdam with the same patch times as the
    other servers there. Only it now seems that's not the case and
    Splitpaw is on the same patch times as the US and somehow Runnyeye is
    now marked again as an EU server.

    Personally, though a 12pm patch time doesn't affect me. During the
    week I'm at work and at weekends having just got out of bed I
    shouldn't be playing games but be doing other things like getting
    dressed or making lunch!!

    >Huh? 12pm is peak time?

    No but its day time. Updates are 5am (IIRC) in the US. Why should we
    have them in the middle of the day and Americans not is the agrument?
    We want them at night too.

    "Mal" <mincer2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Huh? 12pm is peak time?

    BombayMix wrote:
    >>Huh? 12pm is peak time?
    >

    > No but its day time. Updates are 5am (IIRC) in the US. Why should we
    > have them in the middle of the day and Americans not is the agrument?
    > We want them at night too.

    Actually, when I started in January they were anywhere between 5AM and
    7AM Pacific Time. However, in the last few weeks they have started at
    4AM and except for the monthly large scale patching, have been completed
    by 5AM (when I start playing during the week).

    --
    - Barry as Aslanar on Ogguk

    "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message

    > "Mal" <mincer2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > Huh? 12pm is peak time?

    As BM says it's daytime and, for me anyway, the whole point of moving
    accounts to a server sat in Europe was so that the updates would be done at
    the quietest time of the day when I'm a lot less likely to be on ... it's a
    lot less busy at 5am than mid-day in Europe!

    Moorgard said it would happen and now they're going back on it ... I agree
    with what the CS say that it's not upto them or the developers but it's sure
    as hell upto the network/server support guys ... and they don't know how to
    reconfigure it so it's on the same update cycle as the French and German
    servers?!? .... God help us if they ever get a network fault then!

    "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> writes:

    > "Mal" <mincer2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > Huh? 12pm is peak time?

    It may not be peak time, but if I play on a weekend I will usually be
    playing around noon. This is one of the things that have made me
    pretty much stop playing EQ2, though alone it wouldn't have been
    enough.

    <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> writes:
    >
    > > "Mal" <mincer2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Huh? 12pm is peak time?
    >
    > It may not be peak time, but if I play on a weekend I will usually be
    > playing around noon. This is one of the things that have made me
    > pretty much stop playing EQ2, though alone it wouldn't have been
    > enough.

    Not sure I recall a weekend patch in EQL....could be wrong, have enough
    things to do to not have to worry about it.

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >Huh? 12pm is peak time?
    >
    > No but its day time. Updates are 5am (IIRC) in the US. Why should we
    > have them in the middle of the day and Americans not is the agrument?
    > We want them at night too.

    Well you should try having them at 9:00pm

    12:00pm would be great!

    "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message

    > "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> >Huh? 12pm is peak time?
    >>
    >> No but its day time. Updates are 5am (IIRC) in the US. Why should we
    >> have them in the middle of the day and Americans not is the agrument?
    >> We want them at night too.
    >>

    > Well you should try having them at 9:00pm
    >
    > 12:00pm would be great!

    I take it you're in Australia or somewhere in that region then? :)

    My point is/was that they said as Splitpaw server was sat in Europe next to
    the French and German servers it would have the same restart times as them.
    Which would be the same local time as the US servers ( 4/5am ). It's a
    European server sat in Europe, if they did ever work out how to change
    Splitpaw's restart / update times to 5am, which was what they promised, then
    it would be around 3pm your time and better for both of us.

    CS have said they'll forward my mail onto Moorgard for his comments ... I'll
    not hold my breath for an answer :-/

Servers Video Games