Fan Converters

G

Hmmm... has anyone tried mounting an larger size fan on their processor.. say through an adapter? The reason why i'm asking is i've got some high q spectroscopy laser cooling fans.
I know these puppies have incredible cooling properties since i managed to overclock old-ass 66Mhz Edo Ram (wouldn't run stable at 75Mhz) to 83Mhz Cas2 with 6ns timing (My other machine is a tbird 800 so don't laugh!). BY SIMPLY pointing one fan at the ram (open case).

The fans are Imc (?) Boxers which run off 115V AC (.24 amps consumption). I couldn't get any airflow statistics on them.

So do any of you have any thoughts on fan converters?

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Not on my CPU, but I mounted larger fans on my the GPU of my graphics card to help with overclocking. I didn't buy any fancy converter, just made my own using cardboard from a shoe-box and some electical tape. Works fine and costs nothing.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

G

Be careful with trying that on the cpu.
Nothing wrong with trying it on things other than that on other components, just be sure that by doing so wont fry or damage anything, but still fun fiddling about with it!

I used an old power supply originally until I got a bigger one to handle the extra fans as well once I had worked it out.

<font color=blue>Lizards</font color=blue> hide under rocks,<font color=red>Trolls</font color=red> hide under bridges & jump out to ruin posts

G

I'm looking for a shoe box right now! good idea..

<font color=blue>Lizards</font color=blue> hide under rocks,<font color=red>Trolls</font color=red> hide under bridges & jump out to ruin posts

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
JUst make sure you leave a little room on the very botton of the heatsink for air vents. You wouldn't want pressure to build up if you completely cover the whole heatsink. Half of the heatsink would be good, leaving the bottom half for air to flow out.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

TRENDING THREADS