Default printer keeps changing

August 29, 2004 1:21:03 PM

I have two customers that have the same problem, their
default rpinter keeps changing.

They choose "Printer B" as their defualt and after a
while (restart, log off) the default rpinter is back to "
Printer A".

They are both useing Windows XP Home in a small office
peer to peer environment where the printers are local or
networked to a shared computer.
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 5:07:32 PM

WindowsXP likes to have a default printer.... (perhaps it makes it feel more
secure)..... if the printer marked as default is not available at startup,
it will choose one that is. Moral of the story, keep the default printer
available at all times.
www.coribright.com

"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two customers that have the same problem, their
> default rpinter keeps changing.
>
> They choose "Printer B" as their defualt and after a
> while (restart, log off) the default rpinter is back to "
> Printer A".
>
> They are both useing Windows XP Home in a small office
> peer to peer environment where the printers are local or
> networked to a shared computer.
August 29, 2004 8:44:24 PM

As far as I can tell, the default printer is a local one
and is always turned on.

Any other ideas?

Tom

!