Default printer keeps changing

I have two customers that have the same problem, their
default rpinter keeps changing.

They choose "Printer B" as their defualt and after a
while (restart, log off) the default rpinter is back to "
Printer A".

They are both useing Windows XP Home in a small office
peer to peer environment where the printers are local or
networked to a shared computer.
2 answers Last reply
More about default printer changing

    WindowsXP likes to have a default printer.... (perhaps it makes it feel more
    secure)..... if the printer marked as default is not available at startup,
    it will choose one that is. Moral of the story, keep the default printer
    available at all times.
    www.coribright.com

    "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two customers that have the same problem, their
    > default rpinter keeps changing.
    >
    > They choose "Printer B" as their defualt and after a
    > while (restart, log off) the default rpinter is back to "
    > Printer A".
    >
    > They are both useing Windows XP Home in a small office
    > peer to peer environment where the printers are local or
    > networked to a shared computer.

    As far as I can tell, the default printer is a local one
    and is always turned on.

    Any other ideas?

    Tom

Default Printers Windows XP