installed hp office jet v40xi for windows xp (does not pri..

the soft ware was installed, it shows an icon of a
printer but does not print from xp or any other window
based program. i uninstalled, unplugged printer, re-
installed and still have the problem, plug and play
wizard does not find the added hardware, yet the printer
prints manually when you pick option 1 to print.

can you help me out, i have it to print to driver LPT1

Follow the directions here to reinstall your drivers. Note that the printer
should be off until after the driver is installed. There is also a link in
this article to check for a newer driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=60631&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=bpu01857

If this doesn't help, try a new USB cable. Be sure test with one that is
not more than 6' long. Some printers are not able to communicate correctly
with longer cables.

PattyL