usbprint.sys missing (XP SP2)

August 29, 2004 11:39:13 PM

Windows XP SP2:
After installing first SP1 and then SP2 I cannot print using my Deskjet
980C. When installing the driver I get the error message usbprint.sys
missing. I have an IBM Thinkpad T30, which supports only USB 1.

What's wrong? How can it be solved?

Zeke
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 11:39:14 PM

Uninstall and reinstall your printer CORRECTLY.

The driver software can be downloaded from
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...

And detailed installation instructions are also on this page. Note the
software should be installed BEFORE the printer is connected to the PC.
www.coribright.com

!