usbprint.sys missing (XP SP2)

Windows XP SP2:
After installing first SP1 and then SP2 I cannot print using my Deskjet
980C. When installing the driver I get the error message usbprint.sys
missing. I have an IBM Thinkpad T30, which supports only USB 1.

What's wrong? How can it be solved?

Zeke
1 answer Last reply
More about usbprint missing

    Uninstall and reinstall your printer CORRECTLY.

    The driver software can be downloaded from
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=59402&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228&softwareitem=dj-21835-1

    And detailed installation instructions are also on this page. Note the
    software should be installed BEFORE the printer is connected to the PC.
    www.coribright.com

    "Zeke Galama" <nospam@mymail.com> wrote in message
    > Windows XP SP2:
    > After installing first SP1 and then SP2 I cannot print using my Deskjet
    > 980C. When installing the driver I get the error message usbprint.sys
    > missing. I have an IBM Thinkpad T30, which supports only USB 1.
    >
    > What's wrong? How can it be solved?
    >
    > Zeke

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP