impossible to send fax with bluetooth modem

Hi,

with my bluetooth modem 'Acer Modem 56 Surf Bluetooth 100m' sending
faxes with the 'fax printer' fails.
After the receiving fax machine answers with the 'beep', the modem hangs
up and xp reports a 'Schwerwiegender Fehler beim Versenden des Faxes',
perhaps translated like 'severe error when trying to send a fax'.
Using a Dial Up Network connection is no problem.
If I configure fax to use my old modem connected with a serial cable
everything works fine.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Stefan Röhle
3 answers Last reply
More about impossible send bluetooth modem

    Is this an analog fax modem on the Windows XP HCL list?

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Stefan Röhle" <roehle@PLEASE-REMOVE-THISuni-mainz.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > with my bluetooth modem 'Acer Modem 56 Surf Bluetooth 100m' sending faxes
    > with the 'fax printer' fails.
    > After the receiving fax machine answers with the 'beep', the modem hangs
    > up and xp reports a 'Schwerwiegender Fehler beim Versenden des Faxes',
    > perhaps translated like 'severe error when trying to send a fax'.
    > Using a Dial Up Network connection is no problem.
    > If I configure fax to use my old modem connected with a serial cable
    > everything works fine.
    >
    > Any ideas what might be the problem?
    >
    > Stefan Röhle

    Yes, it is an analog fax modem but I was not able to find it on the list.
    I hope the conclusion is not "When not on the list it doesn't work"...

    Russ Valentine wrote:

    > Is this an analog fax modem on the Windows XP HCL list?

    It could still work, but there is no way to verify that it does or
    troubleshoot it when it doesn't.
    --
    > Yes, it is an analog fax modem but I was not able to find it on the list.
    > I hope the conclusion is not "When not on the list it doesn't work"...
    >

    > Russ Valentine wrote:
    >
    > > Is this an analog fax modem on the Windows XP HCL list?

Fax Modem Bluetooth Windows XP