Stop : 0x0000008E when printing from a webpage

Error: When printing from a webpage (occasionally from
other documents too) Windows encounters an error and the
blue screen of death appears. With the Stop Error of
0x0000008E and locks up.

Steps Taken: reinstalled printers, updated windows,
verified there was matching ram, reinstalled video drivers.

the print driver you are using may not be written well. Bugcheck 8E is a
non handled kernel exception. Panasonic printer? When the system restarts
send the memory dump to MS. The driver vendor may have a fix on Windows
Update.

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (0x8E)
PARAMETERS
1 - The exception code that was not handled
2 - The address that the exception occurred at
3 - Trap Frame

DESCRIPTION
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.

An exception code of 0x80000002 (STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT) indicates
that an unaligned data reference was encountered. The trap frame will
supply additional information
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"William H" <hanrahan@malickandscherer.com> wrote in message
> Error: When printing from a webpage (occasionally from
> other documents too) Windows encounters an error and the
> blue screen of death appears. With the Stop Error of
> 0x0000008E and locks up.
>
> Steps Taken: reinstalled printers, updated windows,
> verified there was matching ram, reinstalled video drivers.

Thanks for the response... but after further testing. It
is encountering the same problem when it tries to print to
the other Printer a HP, and the 2 Plotters we have.

So that makes the Minolta, 2 Plotters, and a HP not
working. Text documents are working correctly, even when
i copy the webpage into a document.. it works. Just when
i print directly from the webpage the error occurs.

confers no rights.

>"William H" <hanrahan@malickandscherer.com> wrote in
message
>> Error: When printing from a webpage (occasionally from
>> other documents too) Windows encounters an error and the
>> blue screen of death appears. With the Stop Error of
>> 0x0000008E and locks up.
>>
>> Steps Taken: reinstalled printers, updated windows,
>> verified there was matching ram, reinstalled video
drivers.

>.

I know Minolta has a faulty LPT driver.

I found this from Online Crash Analysis. The MLPTDR_C.sys file comes
from Minolta if this is the one that's on the screen as the system fails.

Bucket: 0xA_BADMEMREF_MLPTDR_C+2680

=======================
Normally when the system blue screens the driver name is listed in the
memory.dmp (usually sitting in \windows\) file. Use ntsd (located in
\windows\system32\) to find the faulting driver "ntsd -z memory.dmp".
This will load the file and leave you at a prompt. Type k in the prompt.

Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is available
Symbol search path is: c:\temp\symbols
Executable search path is: *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.
Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrnlmp.exe -
Windows Server 2003 Kernel Version 3790 (Service Pack 1.1069) MP (2 procs)
Free x86 compatible
Product: Server, suite: Enterprise TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 3790.srv03_spbeta.030905-1850
Kernel base = 0x80800000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x808afe48
Debug session time: Thu Apr 01 09:29:50 2004
System Uptime: 4 days 6:58:49.812

0: kd> k
ChildEBP RetAddr
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be
wrong.
808a2eb4 809ec390 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x19
808a2f30 809ed818 nt!PoSetHiberRange+0x25900
808a3050 8084fe98 nt!PoSetHiberRange+0x26d88
808a3070 809eb032 nt!FsRtlCheckLockForWriteAccess+0x5338
808a309c 8083f636 nt!PoSetHiberRange+0x245a2
808a345c 8080287a nt!PsGetProcessPriorityClass+0x1b6
808a34cc 808a34ec nt!Kei386EoiHelper+0x1ea
f724507e 0ff0ffc9 nt!NtBuildNumber+0x63dc

Minolta