No Printers Appear in Window

At some point - I lost the ability to 'see' my printers
in the Printers and Faxes Folder. This printer still
works fine, but I cannot access it through the icon to
allow for sharing because the icon is not there. Any
suggestions?

Chris
2 answers Last reply
More about printers window

    Run a System File Check.... from the command prompt, type

    sfc /scannow

    (note the space between the c and the /)

    www.coribright.com

    "Chris Leensvaart" <shortdrivehome@i2k.com> wrote in message
    > At some point - I lost the ability to 'see' my printers
    > in the Printers and Faxes Folder. This printer still
    > works fine, but I cannot access it through the icon to
    > allow for sharing because the icon is not there. Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Chris

    Try restarting your print spooler and make sure that it starts automatically
    when you log on.

    "Chris Leensvaart" wrote:

    > At some point - I lost the ability to 'see' my printers
    > in the Printers and Faxes Folder. This printer still
    > works fine, but I cannot access it through the icon to
    > allow for sharing because the icon is not there. Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Chris

Fax Microsoft Printers Windows XP