No Printers Appear in Window

August 30, 2004 11:43:11 AM

At some point - I lost the ability to 'see' my printers
in the Printers and Faxes Folder. This printer still
works fine, but I cannot access it through the icon to
allow for sharing because the icon is not there. Any
suggestions?

Chris

More about : printers window

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 2:46:08 PM

Run a System File Check.... from the command prompt, type

sfc /scannow

(note the space between the c and the /)

www.coribright.com

"Chris Leensvaart" <shortdrivehome@i2k.com> wrote in message
> At some point - I lost the ability to 'see' my printers
> in the Printers and Faxes Folder. This printer still
> works fine, but I cannot access it through the icon to
> allow for sharing because the icon is not there. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Chris
August 31, 2004 5:33:08 AM

Try restarting your print spooler and make sure that it starts automatically
when you log on.