SP2? Spooler Sub System app has a problem

Jordan

I keep getting this error when i try to open the
printer/faxes icon in the start program. I can't print
and i can't add a printer either. i keep getting a print
spooler service not running. I tried to type in cmd the
sc config spooler= RPCSS then net stop spooler then net
start spooler and still the same error. Is there a way to
get this resolved?

See steps 15 through 17 at Bruce Sanderson's website.
www.coribright.com

"jordan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting this error when i try to open the
> printer/faxes icon in the start program. I can't print
> and i can't add a printer either. i keep getting a print
> spooler service not running. I tried to type in cmd the
> sc config spooler= RPCSS then net stop spooler then net
> start spooler and still the same error. Is there a way to
> get this resolved?

Jordan

i tried that and i still get the same error

Is the print spooler running? From the command prompt type

net start spooler

(and hit enter)

Are you an Administrator or User with Admin Rights?

>i tried that and i still get the same error

Jordan

the print spooler is running and i am the administrator.

Have you run a System File Check? From the command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow

(note space between c and /)

> the print spooler is running and i am the administrator.

I got it fixed!!By running the cleanspl.exe
Thanks for all your help

Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"jordan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> the print spooler is running and i am the
administrator.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:13:46 -0700,

i have tried all the suggestions and get system error 1075 that
dependency group or service does not exist or has been marked for
deletion.

See Bruce Sanderson's article at

And pay particular attention to his special section on Lexmark printers....
steps 15 thru 17.
www.coribright.com

"lee mcmindes" <borgbilt@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:13:46 -0700,
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> i have tried all the suggestions and get system error 1075 that
> dependency group or service does not exist or has been marked for
> deletion.

Did NOT have the Error 1075 problem until AFTER followed steps 15-17 in the
Sanderson article. Previosly the only problem was that the Printer Spooler
service did not start automatically. Now it can't be started at all! (This
all happened as a result of installing XP SP2)