Adding lines to AC1 Plan PRL question.

TH

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

I have the last AC1 plan marketed in January where you get the $59.99 500
min family share plan for 2 lines. If I add a line to this plan now, can
it still be under the AC 1 PRL, or will Verizon add it as an AC 2 PRL.
Worse yet, will they require all lines to be updated to the AC2 PRL if I add
a new line?

Did you ask VZW? No, huh. The new line would have to be under the new
promotion; to marry it to any of your other lines will require them to give
up the grandfather. You may find someone willing to "pull" the old codes;
but the vanilla answer is yes: you WILL have to move all the lines to AC2.
Tell us if you get lucky... dr

--
dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent

If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
you. Worred about leaving your email address..... yup, me too.

dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma wrote:
> Did you ask VZW? No, huh. The new line would have to be
> under the new promotion; to marry it to any of your other
> lines will require them to give up the grandfather. You
> may find someone willing to "pull" the old codes; but the
> vanilla answer is yes: you WILL have to move all the
> lines to AC2. Tell us if you get lucky... dr

Unfortunately, I think that's true. Also, since the AC1
isn't offered any more, you can't move up or down in
AC1 minutes either.

-Quick

"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>> <threeew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have the last AC1 plan marketed in January where you
>>> get the $59.99 500 min family share plan for 2 lines.
>>> If I add a line to this plan now, can it still be under
>>> the AC 1 PRL, or will Verizon add it as an AC 2 PRL.
>>> Worse yet, will they require all lines to be updated to
>>> the AC2 PRL if I add a new line?
>
> dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma wrote:
>> Did you ask VZW? No, huh. The new line would have to be
>> under the new promotion; to marry it to any of your other
>> lines will require them to give up the grandfather. You
>> may find someone willing to "pull" the old codes; but the
>> vanilla answer is yes: you WILL have to move all the
>> lines to AC2. Tell us if you get lucky... dr
>
> Unfortunately, I think that's true. Also, since the AC1
> isn't offered any more, you can't move up or down in
> AC1 minutes either.

Various people over time have stated that VZW has plans available that
aren't listed on their Website. More recently, some people have stated that
VZW would continue to have AC1 plans available (upon request) for some time
to come.

Bottom line: We're all just speculating. The only way to get the real answer
is to contact VZW CS. Since it's a known fact that different CS reps give
different answers, it's worth several tries until one gets the answer one
wants.

--
D.J., N8DO; FMCA 147762
dj[underscore]osborn at yahoo dot com

D.J. Osborn wrote:

>> dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma wrote:
>>> Did you ask VZW? No, huh. The new line would have to
>>> be under the new promotion; to marry it to any of your
>>> other lines will require them to give up the
>>> grandfather. You may find someone willing to "pull"
>>> the old codes; but the vanilla answer is yes: you WILL
>>> have to move all the lines to AC2. Tell us if you get
>>> lucky... dr
>>
>> Unfortunately, I think that's true. Also, since the AC1
>> isn't offered any more, you can't move up or down in
>> AC1 minutes either.
>

> Various people over time have stated that VZW has plans
> available that aren't listed on their Website. More
> recently, some people have stated that VZW would continue
> to have AC1 plans available (upon request) for some time
> to come.
>
> Bottom line: We're all just speculating. The only way to
> get the real answer is to contact VZW CS. Since it's a
> known fact that different CS reps give different answers,
> it's worth several tries until one gets the answer one
> wants.

I did. I'm wasn't speculating. You could have too in less
time than it took to post. CS said the AC1 plan that I got
on 1/6/05 is no longer offered.

-Quick

> D.J. Osborn wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, I think that's true. Also, since the AC1
>>> isn't offered any more, you can't move up or down in
>>> AC1 minutes either.
>>

>> Various people over time have stated that VZW has plans
>> available that aren't listed on their Website. More
>> recently, some people have stated that VZW would continue
>> to have AC1 plans available (upon request) for some time
>> to come.
>>
>> Bottom line: We're all just speculating. The only way to
>> get the real answer is to contact VZW CS. Since it's a
>> known fact that different CS reps give different answers,
>> it's worth several tries until one gets the answer one
>> wants.
>
> I did. I'm wasn't speculating. You could have too in less
> time than it took to post. CS said the AC1 plan that I got
> on 1/6/05 is no longer offered.

You didn't bother to read what I wrote, and you offered *one* answer from
*one* CS rep. Various reports here and at http://www.howardforums.com have
stated that different CS reps give different answers. Therefore, unless you
tried several of them, you don't have anything except on answer that may--or
may not be--correct!

Next time, you'll appear less foolish if you bother to actually read what
others have written before responding!

--

D.J. Osborn wrote:
> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> D.J. Osborn wrote:

>>> Various people over time have stated that VZW has plans
>>> available that aren't listed on their Website. More
>>> recently, some people have stated that VZW would
>>> continue to have AC1 plans available (upon request) for
>>> some time to come.
>>>
>>> Bottom line: We're all just speculating. The only way to
>>> get the real answer is to contact VZW CS. Since it's a
>>> known fact that different CS reps give different
>>> answers, it's worth several tries until one gets the
>>> answer one wants.
>>
>> I did. I'm wasn't speculating. You could have too in less
>> time than it took to post. CS said the AC1 plan that I
>> got on 1/6/05 is no longer offered.
>
> You didn't bother to read what I wrote, and you offered
> *one* answer from *one* CS rep. Various reports here and
> at http://www.howardforums.com have stated that different
> CS reps give different answers. Therefore, unless you
> tried several of them, you don't have anything except on
> answer that may--or may not be--correct!
>
> Next time, you'll appear less foolish if you bother to
> actually read what others have written before responding!

Oh. I'm sorry. I went back and actually read what you posted.

"Various people over time have stated ..."
"Bottom line: We're all just speculating."
"Various reports here and ... have stated ..."

I really feel foolish now,
-Quick

> D.J. Osborn wrote:
>> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I did. I'm wasn't speculating. You could have too in less
>>> time than it took to post. CS said the AC1 plan that I
>>> got on 1/6/05 is no longer offered.
>>
>> You didn't bother to read what I wrote, and you offered
>> *one* answer from *one* CS rep. Various reports here and
>> at http://www.howardforums.com have stated that different
>> CS reps give different answers. Therefore, unless you
>> tried several of them, you don't have anything except on
>> answer that may--or may not be--correct!
>>
>> Next time, you'll appear less foolish if you bother to
>> actually read what others have written before responding!
>
> Oh. I'm sorry. I went back and actually read what you posted.
>
> "Various people over time have stated ..."
> "Bottom line: We're all just speculating."
> "Various reports here and ... have stated ..."
>
> I really feel foolish now,

You are obviously making a tongue-in-cheek statement, but the reality is
that you should feel foolish for making the claim that you made.

It's clear that various VZW CS reps give various answers, and that the
answer you received may or may not be the correct one. If you really think
that your *one* experience outweighs those of *many* others, then you
*really* should feel foolish!

--

D.J. Osborn wrote:

>>> You didn't bother to read what I wrote, and you offered
>>> *one* answer from *one* CS rep. Various reports here and
>>> at http://www.howardforums.com have stated that
>>> different CS reps give different answers. Therefore,
>>> unless you tried several of them, you don't have
>>> anything except on answer that may--or may not
>>> be--correct!
>>>
>>> Next time, you'll appear less foolish if you bother to
>>> actually read what others have written before
>>> responding!
>>
>> Oh. I'm sorry. I went back and actually read what you
>> posted.
>>
>> "Various people over time have stated ..."
>> "Bottom line: We're all just speculating."
>> "Various reports here and ... have stated ..."
>>
>> I really feel foolish now,
>
> You are obviously making a tongue-in-cheek statement, but
> the reality is that you should feel foolish for making
> the claim that you made.
>
> It's clear that various VZW CS reps give various answers,
> and that the answer you received may or may not be the
> correct one. If you really think that your *one*
> experience outweighs those of *many* others, then you
> *really* should feel foolish!

Well, actually it was three but I am just one person.
Should I count your posts as some of those "*many* others"?

by the way, have you called yet?
-Quick

> I did. I'm wasn't speculating. You could have too in less
> time than it took to post. CS said the AC1 plan that I got
> on 1/6/05 is no longer offered.

I'll believe that... it was superseded on 1/15 by the new FS plan.

"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> D.J. Osborn wrote:

>> You are obviously making a tongue-in-cheek statement, but
>> the reality is that you should feel foolish for making
>> the claim that you made.
>>
>> It's clear that various VZW CS reps give various answers,
>> and that the answer you received may or may not be the
>> correct one. If you really think that your *one*
>> experience outweighs those of *many* others, then you
>> *really* should feel foolish!
>
> Well, actually it was three but I am just one person.
> Should I count your posts as some of those "*many* others"?
>
> by the way, have you called yet?

I don't need to call. I'm quite pleased with the four-phone Family Share
plan I have. However, if I *wanted* to make a change, and I received an
answer from a VZR CS rep that I didn't like, then I would certainly call
again. I have done that in similar situations in the past, and I've found
that it's typical for a company's CS reps to provide a variety of answers.

--

D.J. Osborn wrote:
> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> D.J. Osborn wrote:
>
>>> You are obviously making a tongue-in-cheek statement,
>>> but the reality is that you should feel foolish for
>>> making the claim that you made.
>>>
>>> It's clear that various VZW CS reps give various
>>> answers, and that the answer you received may or may
>>> not be the correct one. If you really think that your
>>> *one* experience outweighs those of *many* others, then
>>> you *really* should feel foolish!
>>
>> Well, actually it was three but I am just one person.
>> Should I count your posts as some of those "*many*
>> others"?
>>
>> by the way, have you called yet?
>

> I don't need to call. I'm quite pleased with the
> four-phone Family Share plan I have. However, if I
> *wanted* to make a change, and I received an answer from
> a VZR CS rep that I didn't like, then I would certainly
> call again. I have done that in similar situations in the
> past, and I've found that it's typical for a company's CS
> reps to provide a variety of answers.

I see. Thank you for your very pointed and specific
information. I've read it all very carefully and will file
it for future reference.

-Quick

"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> I see. Thank you for your very pointed and specific
> information. I've read it all very carefully and will file
> it for future reference.

Another tongue-in-cheek statement. If you *really* cared about changing,
then you would make more calls. Obviously, you *don't* care!

--

In news:ZC7Vd.5029$DW.4909@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com,
D.J. Osborn <dj_osborn@yahoooo.com> typed:
> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I see. Thank you for your very pointed and specific
>> information. I've read it all very carefully and will file
>> it for future reference.
>

> Another tongue-in-cheek statement. If you *really* cared about
> changing, then you would make more calls. Obviously, you *don't* care!

I just received, today in Wichita, Kansas, in my statement an advertisement
(the code in the lower right corner is ADDLO205 750879) advertising "The New
America's Choice Family Share Plans" Which looks like AC1 since in the fine
print is states "Roaming 69 cents per minute".