Closed

Looking for a good wireless gaming headset.

I am interested in buying a PC gaming headset for between 100-200 bucks. If I need to spend a lil more then I am fine. I want to be able to play easily at night and communicate also. I wear glasses so if someone could remommend one that would be good with glasses that would be great.

I was interested in the Logitech G930. It has surround sound 7.1, the built-in mic, and wireless and it is only $109! I have heard good reviews about it. I also heard something called the Earforce PX5 but that is more than double the price and I have seen more negative reviews than the Logitech although they both have positive reception.

I would like a quick answer because I got a deal with newegg with the preferred account to get deferred payments by June 30th.
15 answers Last reply
More about looking good wireless gaming headset
  1. www.corsair.com/vengeance-2000-wireless-7-1-gaming-headset.html
    www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816008

    I have them and they work pretty well. The 50mm drivers are pretty nice. However, the headset is pretty beefy and sometimes get hot, but the sound is great.
  2. Cool. I may get these since they seem better. Hopefully I can go to the bathroom with these XD
  3. there basically logitech g930's in a different shell. they are identical in every way thats meaningful so unless there cheaper get the logitech g930 i have em and they are as good or better than some wired headsets at the same price. great for gaming music there a little off but any headset thats made for gaming sufferes the same audio range issues as gaming requires a different sound so you can pick up footsteps through gunfire os they tend to be in the mid range for bas and treble. where as audio phile headsets tend not to have 5.1-7.1 and tend to have a slightly broader bass to treble range to increase audio definition of instruments.
  4. The driver on the corsairs are 10mm bigger, so they can go louder. I would get the G930's because they are currently $109 on newegg vs the $145 corsairs. Normally the G930's are $10 more, but on newegg, you save $50.00
  5. Don't buy a pair of wireless gaming headphones expecting great audio quality, as you won't get it.

    However if you don't care about audio quality at all and all you want is wireless headphones and mic then the Corsair vengeance 2000 will be worth a look (I'd recommend these over the Logitechs unless the Logitechs are a lot cheaper than the Corsairs where you live)
  6. Well the logitechs are $40 cheaper but I heard people say the Corasir is better. I am not an audiophile and unless the audio is worse then the $20 headsets I usually buy I am fine.
  7. Gothams Finest said:
    Don't buy a pair of wireless gaming headphones expecting great audio quality, as you won't get it.

    However if you don't care about audio quality at all and all you want is wireless headphones and mic then the Corsair vengeance 2000 will be worth a look (I'd recommend these over the Logitechs unless the Logitechs are a lot cheaper than the Corsairs where you live)

    i think you would be in for a slight shock m8. logitech uses uncompressed data so doesnt suffer the same as typical wireless headsets. and the audio is as good if not better than most 40mm driver enabled headsets... its spacial placing is second to none on bf3 which is pretty much the type of game there made for...
    seriously m8 compare em to say steelseries 555 or 558 and the logitech will hold there own. in fact most tech sites will rate them higher than almost any headset and if they have a top 5 the logitech g930 will be in there...
    for what there designed to do they are near perfect and thats play game audio... the c2000 with 50mm drivers will give as good and maybe slightly better range of bass but may also crackle a bit more due to bigger drivers.
  8. TBH mate I'm just not that fond of gaming headsets.
    I've owned quite a few "high end" gaming headsets including the Sennheiser 350s, the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and 2000, the Razer Tiamats (among others) and I've sent them all back after a day or two for a refund.

    I prefer a good pair of stereo headphones with a clip on/desk mic. Much better sound quality, much better mic quality for less money.
  9. fair enough. i prefer decent head gear for music 2 but gaming often doesnt need or even benefit from em. gaming tends to need cold crisp definition over richness and is why i will always recommend a decent gaming headset for gaming...
    honestly i was surprised at the sound from the g930's it was way better than the fatality headset i had b4 them.
    i do find that gaming gear tends to concentrate it sound in the mid range so footsteps and the like are much clearer. on audiophile gear they tend to blend into the backround much more and can result in you getting snuck up on and knifed... not ideal... ;)
    but each to there own...
  10. Sure. I understand your point, like I said I've had lots of em so I know what they are like.

    I've never had an issue with hearing footsteps with stereo headphones it just depends how good a sound stage they have. Like all things- some are better than others.

    Unless someones playing professionally at a noisy tournament I don't really think they need the "cold crisp definition" as you say it.

    Maybe I'll try the g930s out when I get the chance, see what I think to em ;).
  11. LOOK HERE im sick of people comparing the corsair 2000 to the g930 i OWN THEM BOTH and the G930 makes the corsair look like a peace of ***.


    if you want great sound quality with 40ft wirless distance get the g930 you wont regret it
  12. santaeid said:
    I am interested in buying a PC gaming headset for between 100-200 bucks. If I need to spend a lil more then I am fine. I want to be able to play easily at night and communicate also. I wear glasses so if someone could remommend one that would be good with glasses that would be great.

    I was interested in the Logitech G930. It has surround sound 7.1, the built-in mic, and wireless and it is only $109! I have heard good reviews about it. I also heard something called the Earforce PX5 but that is more than double the price and I have seen more negative reviews than the Logitech although they both have positive reception.

    I would like a quick answer because I got a deal with newegg with the preferred account to get deferred payments by June 30th.



    Hi there! I suggest that you go for the Logitech. I’ve been using Logitech products for years and they have never failed me. They have the top wireless headphones around. I use them for gaming and even music editing as well.

    Otherwise, you can also check this site for more choices: http://www.***/top-wireless-headphones
  13. HEXiT said:
    there basically logitech g930's in a different shell. they are identical in every way thats meaningful so unless there cheaper get the logitech g930 i have em and they are as good or better than some wired headsets at the same price. great for gaming music there a little off but any headset thats made for gaming sufferes the same audio range issues as gaming requires a different sound so you can pick up footsteps through gunfire os they tend to be in the mid range for bas and treble. where as audio phile headsets tend not to have 5.1-7.1 and tend to have a slightly broader bass to treble range to increase audio definition of instruments.


    I just bought the G930's, do you use any special adv equalizer settings?
  14. nope. mine seem decent sound wise. if your getting any backround noise or buzz they need to go back.
    i recently found that there is an issue with some headsets and usb broadcast stations in that they give a low buzz or whistle. its very quiet but is there on about 10% of all headsets. if yourse is doing something it shouldnt send em back. logitechs customer service is very good so be polite and they will exchange them straight away. or if you bought em local take em bac to the shop and exchange them.

    also when your listening to something switch between stereo and surround it can fix some audio issues. flash video for instance doesnt like the 7.1 settings this isnt a logitech issue its a known flash issue that they are working on.
  15. Bringing back a old post on this subject i have the corsair 2000 and the battery is failing and since I bought it, its range can't leave my past my room but it does have great sound and good for long hours of play. So i was wondering if any cool looking wireless gaming headsets coming up for 2014 as im looking for range, battery life and comfort with fabric just like the 2000 for comfort as i find the 2000 is very comfy to wear for long hours. Just range and battery life is a must for me along with the comfort and sound.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Wireless Gaming Headsets Video Games Product