Cooling the freak'in CPU...help!!?!..

G

I have a AMD TB 1.13 Ghz processer, yet i run it at 850 only (200 FSB) because of the heat problems with the cpu (that's old news man...!), have a FOP-32 fan(oh..it's only running at 4440 rpm..anyway to increase it to 4800?)...but with no chasis fan or any other fans(going to get one or more soon)...at 850 it's rather disturbing that i'm running at 50 degress..(at 1.13 its 57 ..and it's not on full load).so the question is...by how many degress would the temp fall if i were to add a chasis fan...and a fan that sucks out hot air...anyway anyone out there know of an effective method to cool down the CPU BESIDES changing the HSF or using artic silver thermal paste ( i can't seem to find any of these in this region )...?

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Well, when my two case fans were off for 15 minutes, then I plugged them back in, the temperature decreased I think 3-4°C. But, it does depend on the kind of case fans. I have two Sunon 80mm fans blowing 42.5cfm: one in the front panel as an intake, and one exhaust in the back panel behind the CPU. There's a better one than that now, although it's louder.

BTW, what are you using to monitor your CPU temp? The motherboard temp monitor <b>isn't always accurate</b>. I bought a Compunurse online and taped the probe next to the CPU core so I can view it accurately. So, you might not be that bad...

Also, you should keep your computer off the floor. Mine is on a stand next to my desk. This way, more air can get to it. If it was on the floor, the carpet might hinder the fresh air.

Where do you live anyways?

I hope this is enough input... :smile:

Kernel32.dll error...aw, son of a.... :eek: