Can no longer connect to printer on Win2003 server from XP.

I've been printing to a printer shared off of a Windows 2003 Small
Business Server on my home network. I installed OpenVPN (vpn server)
on the server and now none of the XP Pro clients on my network can
connect to it.

If I try to add printer, connect to it by browsing to the server, or
otherwise access it I get the following error:

"Operation could not be completed. Either the printer name was typed
incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the
server."

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Ben
1 answer Last reply
More about longer connect printer win2003 server

    Does Open VPN host a firewall? If yes make sure the netbios ports are open
    TCP 139, 445; UDP 137, 138, 445

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    <benday@benday.com> wrote in message
    > I've been printing to a printer shared off of a Windows 2003 Small
    > Business Server on my home network. I installed OpenVPN (vpn server)
    > on the server and now none of the XP Pro clients on my network can
    > connect to it.
    >
    > If I try to add printer, connect to it by browsing to the server, or
    > otherwise access it I get the following error:
    >
    > "Operation could not be completed. Either the printer name was typed
    > incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the
    > server."
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Ben