Print Spooler is not running

Hello! I have tried to fix the problem by typing in the command line all the
steps shown in the discussion of 8/30 for Sp2 - printing between Cari and
Jordan. None of these steps helped me either. I did not have the problem
until I downloaded all the service pack updates info for Windows XP over the
past week. Now i can not print at all! I can not even select a printer.
attempting to reinstall Windows XP does not help either. Any other
solutions? Thanks Zelda

Jordan

Hey, Download the cleanspl.exe on to your pc and run it,
then turn off the print spooler and turn it back on and
it may fix it, Bruce Sanderson's website.

Hi -- I have exactly the same problem Zelda describes. Jordan, yor can you
be more specific about where to get cleanspl.exe, and turn the print spooler
on and off? Thanks in advance. ~ Barbara

"jordan" wrote:

> Hey, Download the cleanspl.exe on to your pc and run it,
> then turn off the print spooler and turn it back on and
> it may fix it, Bruce Sanderson's website.
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm

Zelda, what make and model printer do you have?
www.coribright.com

"Zelda 216" <Zelda 216@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello! I have tried to fix the problem by typing in the command line all
> the
> steps shown in the discussion of 8/30 for Sp2 - printing between Cari and
> Jordan. None of these steps helped me either. I did not have the problem
> until I downloaded all the service pack updates info for Windows XP over
> the
> past week. Now i can not print at all! I can not even select a printer.
> attempting to reinstall Windows XP does not help either. Any other
> solutions? Thanks Zelda

Hi

We have the exact same problem with one of our customers,
they applied XP SP 2 yesterday and now when the pc boots
they get error that print spooler is not running, it is
set to automatic and if you try to start it manually you
get same error. Removing SP2 has not made any difference.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Debbie

READ the page on Bruce Sanderson's website.... it will tell you exactly what
CLEANSPL is and how to use it.

www.coribright.com

"Debbie Wood" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We have the exact same problem with one of our customers,
> they applied XP SP 2 yesterday and now when the pc boots
> they get error that print spooler is not running, it is
> set to automatic and if you try to start it manually you
> get same error. Removing SP2 has not made any difference.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Debbie

Hi Cari!

I Have an HP Officejet V40 - and trying all the steps does not seem to work
in the referenced Sandler's memo. I am a novice at fixing problems so these
are the steps I took. I copied and then pasted the Notation #15 into the run
box. (I hope that is where I was suppose to place it) If not, I am totally
lost as I am not a DOS user, so I am afraid I am stuck. His suggestion of
'starting Print Spooler' was a little lost on me. My interpretation was to
go to the control panel and pull up printers and try to add a printer - which
still does not work. Is there anyway you can provide a novice like myself
with explicit instructions - I need all the help I can get! PS I tried to
reload Windows XP - that did not help. I tried to download a new driver -
and that did not help either. Thanks. Bonita

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Zelda, what make and model printer do you have?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Zelda 216" <Zelda 216@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello! I have tried to fix the problem by typing in the command line all
> > the
> > steps shown in the discussion of 8/30 for Sp2 - printing between Cari and
> > Jordan. None of these steps helped me either. I did not have the problem
> > until I downloaded all the service pack updates info for Windows XP over
> > the
> > past week. Now i can not print at all! I can not even select a printer.
> > attempting to reinstall Windows XP does not help either. Any other
> > solutions? Thanks Zelda

You need to click on the Command Prompt..... and type in

net start spooler

(then hit the enter button)