HP 2550n network printing problem

We have a computer lab with 13 computers running XP Pro
all networked through a 10/100 switch. We've installed a
new HP color laserjet 2550n with built-in nic. We've
installed the configuration software and set the tcp/ip
address. The first person to print from the workstation
doesn't have a problem but successive print jobs won't
print and workstations eventually get a "document failed
to print" message. We are not using a domain server. WE
can turn the pc's off and back on even a day later and the
print jobs are printed. I know this was a problem with
using DLC protocol and configuring for job-based rather
than continuous print jobs but this is only TCP/IP. Can't
find any such settings in the configuration software which
is java based. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Hi! I was wondering if you could solve your problem. Infact i exactly
hace the same problem, too! Playse help me, Thanks,
Andi

--
andib1

As what? Please repost with your problem, thanks.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"andib1" <andib1.1t2ci1@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

> Hi! I was wondering if you could solve your problem. Infact i exactly
> hace the same problem, too! Playse help me, Thanks,
> Andi
>

> --
> andib1

Here's more information on this problem:

Working with Windows XP on a mixed wireless network using a Linksys
Router with Roadrunner cable modem (Mac/PC.) We set the printer for
static ip address and set up Windows XP to print to HP 2550n using this
address. Printing is inconsistent, but best described in previous
message: files spool but somehow never make it to printer. We turn off
Dell Laptop running XP, and restart, lo and behold, the previously
spooled files print!

We suspect it has something to do with PCL6 printer driver and will use
Postscript instead, but I've read that HP's postscript driver for the
2550 is significantly slower than the PCL6.

Any ideas?

--
rmberkman

As Robert discribed it:

Oh, I have a small network with a router that is set correctly. A HP
LaserJet 2550n printer, 3 workstations - 2 macs and 1 PC Win XP Laptop.
Everything works fine, only the Windows XP Laptop has a problem. I
installed the driver from the CD and set the port to TCP/IP. I already
set the IP Address in the printer to manual use 192.168.0.10. The
problem is that when I turn on my system the printer is not recognized
by windows XP often. I don't know what I did wrong. On the next session
everything works fine again and all the stuff from the windows XP
spooler is printed. I don't know the problem, it must be the XP laptop
because everything works fine with the macs. Mybe sommething with the
driver or a problem in the protocol from XP?

Thank you so much,
Andi

--
andib1