windows xp fax program

I have a dsl service. How do you make the fax program
change from a dial up to the dsl?

You don't.. you can't.. when sending a fax to a dedicated fax machine, that
machine expects to get a call.. DSL doesn't call.. it is like a hollow tube
connecting one computer to a server.. either install a dial up modem and use
that as the fax carrier, or research 'fax to e-mail' services..

"Joe Johnston" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a dsl service. How do you make the fax program
> change from a dial up to the dsl?

Sending a fax by DSL requires one of two methods:

1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
telephone to the DSL line, then connect a regular analog fax modem to the
line through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does
your local Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com