Faxing from Office XP programs

ak

Hi,
I tried to FAX a spreadsheet from Excel and it seemed
that it re-defined the printing area. Originally, after
creating the spreadsheet, I went to print preview and got
2 pages and all cells with data were within print area.
When I printed to Fax I've got 6 pages instead of 2. I
changed margins, rearranged cells and got everything with
in original print area (2 pages). Can someone explain
what exactly happed? And the second question is is there
any way to make it with the defauld margins or, maybe,
there're specific rules that take care of the difference
between printing to a printer (I have Canon 860i) and
printing to fax ( it's regular Win XP fax service)?
Thank you very much in advance.
AK

Rendering is not handled by the Fax Service. It is handled by the
application in which the document was created.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"AK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I tried to FAX a spreadsheet from Excel and it seemed
> that it re-defined the printing area. Originally, after
> creating the spreadsheet, I went to print preview and got
> 2 pages and all cells with data were within print area.
> When I printed to Fax I've got 6 pages instead of 2. I
> changed margins, rearranged cells and got everything with
> in original print area (2 pages). Can someone explain
> what exactly happed? And the second question is is there
> any way to make it with the defauld margins or, maybe,
> there're specific rules that take care of the difference
> between printing to a printer (I have Canon 860i) and
> printing to fax ( it's regular Win XP fax service)?
> Thank you very much in advance.
> AK

Print to Fax is handled by the Print Spooler and it should work fine for
printing any document as one would print to a normal printer. Did you try to
preview your fax in the last page of the Fax Send Wizard.(which is the
wizard which comes up when you print any document). That is the preview of
the Tiff rendering which is the actual Fax which will get sent.

--
Naresh Chandrasekaran,

purposes only.