overclocking my pII 350

Hunterh9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2001
OK first of all I am moderately computer literate, but the "how to" on overclocking was over my head. I just need a few pointers and such.

MY SYS:
pII 350
RAM 192mb
GeForce2 GTS 32mb

Here are some pieces of extra info

1) its a DELL system so i have no manual for my motherboard but heres a link to my computer specs. http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dkhan/Specs.htm

2) how high can i succesfully and safely overclock my cpu. I would MUCH rather be on the safe side and go up to like a 400mhz than have it overclocked to max capacity.

3) i have decent cooling. I have about a 3" fan next to my processor which has a pretty big heat sync. Also my video card has a 3/4 or so inch fan on it.

ANY info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nope, it can't be done because your motherboard only supports 100MHz FSB. Unless you want to use an overclocking program, such as softFSB or CPUcool. You could get a Celeron 566 and overclock it to 850, but right now the price difference is only $20. And that depends on whether or not your motherboard even supports Coppermines. You could get a Celeron 333 and overclock it to 500, but even that seems pointless now.

Back to you Tom...

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yup. If you got any oem system, be it a dell, gateway, or an ibm your pretty much out of luck unless you have a board that supports a higher speed bus than what your running. But even that takes elbow greese and some hardware mods to pull of.

When I go into a computer store I lose all means of reason for some reason.