Crysis 2 - High res textures pack...

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
So I thought I'd give Crysis 2 a go...Started it last night...Looks good enough to me with graphics on Ultra.. Is the High Res texture pack worth downloading too or is the improvement not that significant? Curious on what people's take on it is. Cheers...

Solution
better to get the 1.9 patch and the dx11 patch. the hr textures do add some detail but to be honest they dont add much as the textures are pretty good anyway. also they can cause render errors on some maps... guleds lab for instance when the glass breaks the textures are broken and just show up as blocked out pollys. you will only really benefit from them if you have an ultra high end gfx card with 2 gigs or more. coz if you dont they will send your system into a snail paced crawl although you can get away with a 1gig card i would say they are to demanding.

i play crysis2 and the hd pack is a hindrance on multiplayer you need best fps and they will reduce yours by a good 30%+ even when you turn everything down to minimum.
if your...

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
The high-rez pack is definitely a must if you wanna see Crysis 2 in its full glory! The DX11 patch as well, if you wanna have a better gameplay experience. So yeah, if your system can take it, definitely get the 2 patches. Heck, if you've got a good enough system, what's there to lose? :)

better to get the 1.9 patch and the dx11 patch. the hr textures do add some detail but to be honest they dont add much as the textures are pretty good anyway. also they can cause render errors on some maps... guleds lab for instance when the glass breaks the textures are broken and just show up as blocked out pollys. you will only really benefit from them if you have an ultra high end gfx card with 2 gigs or more. coz if you dont they will send your system into a snail paced crawl although you can get away with a 1gig card i would say they are to demanding.

i play crysis2 and the hd pack is a hindrance on multiplayer you need best fps and they will reduce yours by a good 30%+ even when you turn everything down to minimum.
if your playing the single player then why not. you will see some stunning landscapes. but like i say on multiplayer you dont want or need em.

Solution

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

OK good to know. Think I'll mostly be playing single player so I'll check it out. Thanks!