Coppermine. 2.8v! Dies. Reborn?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Dang I got this cheap Celeron 566 and I've been playing with it, I can get it to about 952 at 1.9v (stock was 1.5v), but any higher won't run stable. Well, I decided to see how far it would go if I just kept upping the voltage. When I reached 2.8v, for some strage reason it DIED! (duh, anyone know why?) So anyway, after several attempt to reboot, I left it set for a while. Came back, turned it on, and it worked! Can anyone kill these things permanently? No smashing involved!

Back to you Tom...

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Now you've done it!! You've gone and went to the wierd unexplainble voodoo realm of the pc unknown!!
Hope you get back out safely. Actually You probly had the proc at its thermal limit and when you shut it down and let it set for awhile it cooled enough to run. I have problems like this all the time overclocking, Just when you thinks its as far as it will go, shut it of and let it cool then you can ussually go farther.

When I go into a computer store I lose all means of reason for some reason.

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Also yes you can kill them. Ive killed about 15 copermines both p3's and celerys, so far.

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Exactly how long did you let it set? What was the longest time and the next to longest you let it set.